Freezing Fresh Plums

Can I freeze fresh plums?

Carmen from Fairfield, California

Answers:

Freezing Fresh Plums

You can, but then you'll be learning to make jam and jelly. Quickly rinse the plums, put them on a cookie sheet with sides AND a silicone sheet and freeze, then bag. You'll be able to take them out individually if you wish.

good luck (07/15/2008)

By 2oma

Freezing Fresh Plums

I freeze them for later use. I wash, slice in half, remove the pit, put the halves in a freezer bag, a tablespoon of lemon juice, squish the bag to get lemon juice on the cut sides, add white grape juice or apple juice and squeeze out the air and freeze. They are good in baked goods, puddings and sauces. I also freeze peaches and cherries for later. (07/16/2008)

By scott E.

Freezing Fresh Plums

I froze them by just putting them in the bag and putting them in the freezer. They are a little mushy when you thaw them but good just to eat on a cold day, slightly frozen or to put into fruit salad or make a cobbler out of them. You can do almost anything with plums you can do with peaches. I also freeze peaches this way if I do not have time to peel them and slice them. (07/17/2008)

By Pat

Frozen cherry plums.
Freezing Plums
Two Ripe Plums on a Tree
Growing Plums
Canning Plums, Storing Plums. Selecting Good Plums. Ripe Plums on White Background
Canning Plums
Victoria Plums
Growing Victoria Plums
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
🎄