Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Freezing Hot Dogs

1 0EmailFollow
Freezing Hot Dogs

You can take advantage of sale prices on hot dogs by buying them in quantity and freezing them. This is a guide about freezing hot dogs.

Solutions: Freezing Hot Dogs

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Freezing Hot Dogs

When buying hot dogs, open the package put all the wieners on a cookie sheet, then freeze them. Once they are frozen put them in a freezer bag. Then when you want one or two, they will already be separated.

By Gloria from Moncton, NB Canada

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Freezing Hot Dogs.

Question: Refreezing Hot Dogs

Can you refreeze hot dogs?

By Sharon from Brantford, ON

Most Recent Answer

By Elizabeth09/08/2010

I have always heard to never refreeze thawed food. You can cook them then refreeze.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Refreezing Hot Dogs

Can I refreeze hot dogs which have been defrosted by soaking in hot water?

Kerry from Natick, MA

RE: Refreezing Hot Dogs

As far as safety, I'd say it depends on how long they sat in the hot water and how much bacteria collected in that time. If it were me, I'd only risk it if they were defrosted for less than an hour, and they probably won't taste the same anyway. They may have freezer burn after refreezing.

My mom worked in the main office of Safeway in the meat department back in the 80s and answered questions from people calling about refreezing meat all the time. It's not true that once meat has been defrosted that it can't be refrozen. It usually can if it hasn't been defrosted for very long. (12/30/2008)

By Cyinda

RE: Refreezing Hot Dogs

I wouldn't trust anything defrosted with out cooking it first. Then refreeze it. It's not worth getting sick over! (01/05/2009)

By Shawn

RE: Refreezing Hot Dogs

No, not unless you want to take a chance on being sick. (01/05/2009)

By Jane

RE: Refreezing Hot Dogs

I'm not dead yet! Once something is thawed, whatever degree of bacteria that grew is the degree that it would have when it was re-frozen. If it was done shortly afterward, I've never had a problem. They are full of nitrates and wouldn't go bad as quickly as fresh meat. (01/06/2009)

By cedartree