Fried Eggplant Recipe

I have been trying forever to find the recipe for "Fried Eggplant" with dip from Olive Garden Restaurant.I looked on Internet for Copy recipes and can't find it.Also I'm looking for the recipe that Grandy's Restaurant has for making their green beans. Can anyone who knows please let me know? Thanks and God Bless. Angelheart from Clyde.

Kay from Clyde, TX

Answers:

Fried Eggplant Recipe

I'm not sure how they do it. I cut into slices, place each slice into beaten egg then dip it into breadcrumbs, next fry it into frying pan of heated oil.

If would like to make it into a Parmesan, have a baking dish with your favorite sauce in the bottom and layer with eggplant slices, sauce then mozzarella cheese. (can also do the same with zucchini, and green tomatoes.

Enjoy! (09/08/2007)

By LRP

Fried Eggplant Recipe

I do it this way also but sometimes in place of breadcrumbs I use finely crushed soda cracker crumbs . Delicious. (09/09/2007)

By lavonneann

Fried Eggplant Recipe

I'm not familiar with Olive Garden's, but we eat fried eggplant fairly often. Heat deep fryer to 350 degrees F. While it's heating, slice eggplant about 1/4" thick (or very thin if you want really crunchy slips), and shake in a Ziploc bag of cornmeal/flour mix *lightly* seasoned with salt and pepper (some people like a little garlic and onion powder, too, but take it VERY easy on the seasonings). When oil is hot, lay pieces in a single layer in fryer basket and fry for 4 minutes. Serve immediately--the texture is incredible, but won't be the same when it's cooled instead of being fresh out of the fryer.

For eggplant Parmesan, layer fried slices with homemade spaghetti sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. Bake just long enough to heat through, melt the cheese, and blend the flavors.

*Note: almost any restaurant that serves something like this is going to deep fry it. Pan frying is not the same. (09/10/2007)

By sterghe

Fried Eggplant Recipe

Those eggplant are good-tasting that way, but you might want to keep it down to less frequent and find new ways to love eggplant that involve less fat. Whether you are overweight or underweight or just right, all the frying we did in the 1960's was killer on heart health. I still fry eggplant now and then, but like every other year. Makes it more special! (09/10/2007)

By kimhis

Fried Eggplant Recipe

I found a couple recipes on www.recipezaar.com. Just go to the site and type fried eggplant. There are two recipes that have many reviews # 49387 has been reviewed 87 times,it is an oven baked eggplant and #41611 if fried and received 17 reviews, check them out. (09/10/2007)

By PICO

Fried Eggplant Recipe

Hi, I don't know how Olive Garden does theirs but I'm Italian and this is the way I do mine. Peel your eggplant then slice thin to your liking. Dip each slice in beaten egg and then dip in Italian bread crumbs, place as many slices as you can in a hot fry pan with oil. Just let the slices get to a golden brown and then take them out. Place a layer of eggplant on a paper towel to soak up the oil, paper towel on top again and another layer till you are done with them, at this point you can eat them like that or put sauce on them and make eggplant Parmesan with mozzarella cheese in the oven. They are good fried, but (b)I love the Parmesan the best. Enjoy!(/b) (09/11/2007)

By candleglows

Fried Eggplant Recipe

There is a website http://www.recipegoldmine.com and on the right hand side click on "restaurant recipes" then go to the "O" section. There are tons of olive garden recipes. Hope ya find what ya like! (09/12/2007)

By kfr1sby

Grilled Eggplant
Eggplant Recipes
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Casserole containing slices of eggplant
Eggplant Casserole Recipes
Fried Dill Pickle Chip Recipes
served on plate with broccoli and pasta
Eggplant Meatballs
🎉
🎄