Frugal Eye Make-Up Remover

A much cheaper alternative for eye make-up remover is to use the 'Johnson and Johnson No Tears' baby shampoo. All you need is a little dab on a wet wash cloth. Plus I always had to use a cotton ball with traditional make-up remover, but with the shampoo, no wasted cotton ball!

Source: My mind drifting as usual.

By Sunshine from Carlisle, PA

Answers:

Frugal Eye Make-Up Remover

You can also use baby oil or petroleum jelly, or for an even healthier alternative, use olive oil. Many women swear by it! (02/16/2009)

By Ree 127

Frugal Eye Make-Up Remover

I have just recently heard that baby shampoo still has all of the nasty chemicals and just has an additive that is a numbing agent in there that makes it
"tearless"
Sandy (02/16/2009)

By Sandy/Pittsburgh

Frugal Eye Make-Up Remover

I use vaseline it works great to take off mascara too, and cheap too. I wipe it off with a tissue then wash my face as usual. (02/16/2009)

By Missy

Frugal Eye Make-Up Remover

I use un-petroleum jelly (it comes in a tube) and it works wonderfully! (02/17/2009)

By Maryeileen

Frugal Eye Make-Up Remover

Ladies, ladies! Please don't use petroleum jelly, baby oil, Vaseline. They have mineral oil in them and that's a NASTY chemical that is so unsafe for you skin. The skin around your eyes is so sensitive and so thin, why would you put bad things on them that is dangerous to your system.

To be truly frugal and healthy, use olive oil. It is wonderful for removing all make-up - even waterproof mascara. And it leaves your skin so smooth after the oil has soaked in. If you have oily skin (lucky you) and don't want that extra oil, then just wash your face off with an all natural tea tree soap. (02/17/2009)

By Peechee

Frugal Eye Make-Up Remover

I use baby wipes. They don't sting your eyes or anything and work great! (02/24/2009)

By Timothea

Frugal Eye Make-Up Remover

I use baby lotion (or baby oil for waterproof stuff) Its cheap and lasts AGES - the regular size one lasts me about 6 months! Ive found the J and J one is the best - generic ones tend to be absorbed too easily by the cotton pad/ball.
Its also a really good cleanser and toner 2in1 when you are in a hurry! (02/24/2009)

By CM

Frugal Eye Make-Up Remover

I, too, use olive oil as a makeup remover, but I do use baby wash (not shampoo or baby oil) for a facial wash so I can get my eyelashes clean. Does the baby wash have the bad chemicals as well? (04/19/2009)

By mzpossum

Woman Removing Makeup
Removing Makeup
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Homemade Varnish Remover, Up close photo of varnished wood.
Homemade Varnish Remover
Googly eye cake
Making A Googly Eye Cake
Girl with Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) Remedies
🎄