Removing Makeup Tips and Tricks

My eye doctor told me that you can use regular baby shampoo as a remover for mascara and eye makeup. It is much cheaper than the commercial removers! You can also dilute your regular shampoo with baby shampoo to make it less harsh. I do that with my dandruff shampoo, which otherwise I find too drying on my scalp.

By pam munro from Los Angeles, CA

16 More Solutions

An inexpensive and effective way to remove eye make-up is with petroleum jelly. It works well and also helps keep delicate skin around the eyes soft. Simply wipe on with a finger and tissue off, then wash your face as you normally do.

Use up you eye make up remover and moister creams, cleansers and then buy jojoba oil to replace all three. This is what I have done and I am now saving money buying a natural oil which I get at my health food Store.

To remove makeup I fill the sink basin with warm water and add a squirt of sweet almond oil (you could use other oils as well, but stay away from perfumed petrol oils such as baby oil) and wash my face with a natural soap.

I use Vaseline to remove my mascara, eye liner and shadow everyday. This works before or after a shower and doesn't sting if you get it in your eyes. Plus, it's very cheap. I've been using the same Vaseline jar for over a year and it was under $3.00.

I purchase inexpensive tubs of baby wipes, and use them daily for makeup removal. After using them to clean my face, I then wipe my sink before tossing.

You could try buying the same brands of mascara and eye makeup remover. Ponds Cold Cream is what removes theatrical makeup. Apply that to lashes and rub off with facial tissue.

I use a simple routine for washing my face that has saved me a fortune in costly creams or soaps. I buy an inexpensive large cocoa butter lotion from the chain store to remove all of my makeup.

Dab a small amount of your everyday plain hand or body lotion on to a soft dry face clothe. You will see even the heaviest, blackest eyeliners, mascaras and eye shadows wipe completely away, without pain or fuss.

Milk makes a great make-up remover. Dip a cotton ball in milk and gently wipe off makeup. By Kristen

This is a pretty simple cleansing routine that should be safe for all skin types.

What do you use to remove makeup from your face? I use Dove bar soap with a face cloth. Lately, I've noticed that Dove is not removing all the makeup after I wash my face. Sometimes after I wash my face I will get another clean face cloth and wipe my face and more makeup comes off. Do you use something better at removing makeup?

Onesummer

Answers

By Jean from Mississippi (Guest Post)

I also use Dove bar soap to wash my face.
I'm retired, so I don't wear makeup every day, but when I do, this is how I wash it off:

1. DO NOT wet your face first.
2. Work up a good lather in your hands.
3. Rub the lather onto your face with your hands.
4. Rinse well.

By not wetting your face or using a washcloth, you won't be diluting the lather. This way, the lather works more like a cleansing cream.

Not knowing what kind of makeup you wear, I can't guarantee this will work for you. But you already have the soap, so it won't cost you anything to try!

Tips and ideas for removing make up. Post your ideas.

Answers

Sleep at a friend's home unexpectedly? Well how are you supposed to get your make-up off, clean your hair, even moisturize your lips without your magic bag of tricks at home?

I hate using someone else's products because they cost so much it almost feels like stealing. So instead all you need are 4 low cost items and you'll be good.

Rubbing Alcohol
Petroleum Jelly / Vaseline
Cotton balls
Baby powder / cornstarch

By Suzanne S.

I'm thinking if you have these items on hand you could just as easily have a small package of baby wipes (make up remover), a travel bottle of shampoo, and a chapstick stashed in a zipper bag in the glove box of your car.

By cindy (Guest Post)

All you really need is one product- good old cold cream. Jergens brand is inexpensive and takes off all kinds of makeup-even on the eyes and doesnt
burn your eyes at all. It leaves your face really feeling soft.

In an emergency i use Olive Oil from the kitchen to remove my make up. You only need a little bit and a 250ml bottle could last forever (well a long time anyway!)

I usually i use Sweet Almond oil. It works a treat, is good for my skin and very cheap.

Monique x

I use a cotton ball with baby oil for my eyes and then wash face with dove soap and the soap actually moisturizes as you wash your face! It works for me!""

Always use baby oil to remove your make-up. Works great, moisturizes, and costs less than make up removal concoctions purchased at high dollar prices!

By Jenssequa

Wearing makeup daily can be tough on your skin. To ensure good skin health, removing your makeup thoroughly and regularly is a best practice. This is a page about removing makeup and caring for your skin.

Woman Removing Makeup

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about homemade eye makeup remover recipes. Save money by making your own eye makeup cleaner at home.

Homemade Eye Makeup Remover Recipes

Mineral oil, baby oil or petroleum jelly remove mascara just as well as any fancy makeup remover and keep the cost to a minimal amount.

A much cheaper alternative for eye make-up remover is to use the 'Johnson and Johnson No Tears' baby shampoo. All you need is a little dab on a wet wash cloth.

Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips RemovalAugust 31, 2012
😷
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Makeup.html