Using Cocoa Butter as a Makeup Remover

I use a simple routine for washing my face that has saved me a fortune in costly creams or soaps. I buy an inexpensive large cocoa butter lotion from the chain store to remove all of my makeup. I pull back my hair, smooth it all over in circular motions and always use the soft baby washcloths to remove and rinse. I love the way it makes my skin so soft and it does a wonderful job removing makeup and mascara.

By Pattie from Bridgton, ME

What a great idea. Thanks!

I've used cocoa butter for years to do the same thing, remove my make up. I go to the dollar General here n town & buy the big cheap Queen Helene brand cocoa butter lotion in the white bottle & Brown lid. Rub in circle, let sit 2-3 minutes to moisten & soak in then, wipe off. I sometimes wash with Dove Body wash before hand to get what I can. But usually the lotion works PERFECTLY & AMAZINGLY at that!
It moisten & removes all in one! Plus, you don't have to scrub or wipe hard to really remove the waterproof stuff. Less tenderness around my already sensitive eyes!