Cocoa Butter Cream Moisturizer Recipe

Category Bath & Beauty
This combination of coconut oil, cocoa butter, and olive oil works very well as a skin moisturizer. A little goes a long way, making it economical as well. This page contains a cocoa butter cream moisturizer recipe.

This all natural moisturizer smells as good as it works. I had dry patches on my face for weeks, the morning after using this they were gone. This is first and foremost a face lotion. Yet it also works wonders on any other area of your body, hands, elbows, etc. It is VERY concentrated, so a little goes a long way.

The cocoa butter will help maintain a younger complexion as it penetrates the top layer of your skin to moisturize deep down. It is also helpful for dermatitis and eczema. The olive oil is rich in antioxidants.

Because of it's ingredients, unless it's cool in your house. You will want to store this in the fridge so that it remains solid. It's not quite as big a pain as it sounds. :) I am now in the habit of walking down to the kitchen and putting on my cream after washing my face. You will want to scrape a tiny bit off the top with a spoon and melt it in your hands. It melts instantly. I use more at night, but hardly any in the day before applying makeup. I cannot stress enough what a small amount you need in order to do the job. This is very economical, it will last a long time!!

I also use it all over my hands at night. You will wake up to very smooth skin. Enjoy!

Total Time: approximately 25 minutes

Yield: a small jar

Source: Pinterest inspired

• 2 Tbsp coconut oil
  • 5 Tbsp cocoa butter
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil

1. You will first need to scrape 5 tablespoons of cocoa butter from your jar. This will be a bit time consuming, this stuff is hard! And you want to be careful not to start making it fly everywhere. The only way to do this is to scrape it out with a spoon and then pack it into your measure tightly.
  2. Add all 3 of your ingredients to a small saucepan.
  3. Stirring continuously with a whisk, melt over low heat just until combined. This happens very quickly, maybe a minute! Remove from heat immediately.
  4. Ad

5. Using a funnel, pour into a glass jar. You will probably want to store this in your fridge so that it becomes solid and easier to apply.

I love cocoa butter. I bet it smells wonderful!

Where do you buy cocoa butter?

Joan, I purchased this at my local health food store. You can also google it and order it online. :)

Now that it's not 90* in our house....the air conditioner is working a little better again....it's in the 70's. I don't have to keep this cream in the fridge anymore. It's staying solid! :)