Makeup is Not Staying on My Face

Category Tips
This is a guide about makeup is not staying on my face. There may be numerous factors that are causing your makeup to come off before you want it to. Here are some tips to help your makeup stay on longer.

I am having hot flashes and with the humidity, my makeup melts off before I get out of the house! Any suggestions?

By lynette from Ann Arbor

Answers

Best Answer

I know how you feel as I am in the same situation. I apply less makeup in hot, humid weather. I skip liquid foundation as it just feels like a slick mask. I apply a little concealer, then some matte (oil-absorbing) face powder. It must be a good color match for your skin or else it looks bad. I touch up the powder later in the day.

Best Answer

I started using those mineral powder foundations when I ran into this problem and they work much better for me. If I have to touch up so easy.. a quick brush. I was surprised at how good they conceal too. Maybe it will work for you.

Best Answer

What you can do is put on your foundation. Then concealer and powder.

After that you can put on blush, eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, etc. The foundation and powder makes the makeup stick.

My makeup does not last any length of time. Within 1/2 an hour, the eyeliner disappears, by noon my mascara is gone and my foundation is barely there. It's not like the eye makeup smudges or smears, it's simply gone.

At one makeup counter, before the clerk finished with me, the eye liner was gone. I've tried every (well almost) every brand, long wearing, waterproof, cheap and expensive. All with the same results. Any suggestions? I love makeup and what it does for me. This is really frustrating!

By mindy

Answers:

Makeup is Not Staying on My Face

First off, Use a primer under all your make-up.

Second, as far as a foundation use Infallible by L'Oreal. I sell my art outside in a very hot tent during the summer and Infallible is the only foundation that won't sweat off! It lasts all day long, no matter how much my face sweats. (I'm one of those people who's face sweats a lot.) When you buy it, buy a lighter shade that you'd think you'll need because it tends to darken about 2 shades when it sets and it's lighter when it's just been applied. To choose the right color, look at the True Match make-up colors from L'Oreal to find the color of Infallible you'll need. The True Match colors come in warm, cool, and neutral. Then transfer the TrueMatch shade to the same one in the Infallible brand. If you're not sure, then choose a neutral based shade. This Infallible stuff (once it's set) will not come off until you wash it off. Just keep you hands away from your face.

As far as your mascara, you already know to buy the waterproof type. Same thing for your eyeliner (waterproof). I think it may be the humidity that's ruining your make-up. For blush, you might want to use cream as well and avoid a powder blush as it doesn't have the lasting ability. For everything, but your foundation, I'd recommend ColorStay by Revlon. It's made to last longer. (L'Oreal also has a lasting brand.) Stay away from anything that doesn't say it's made to last. For lipstick, I love, the brand called Mac because it has more pigment and the darker shades can last 24 hours, but what really stays is any of the 12 hour lasting lipsticks that you can eat when wearing. Another idea is to wear a lip stain and not a lipstick. Stains actually dye your lips and can last through eating and kissing.

As a final idea, since you've already tried the "waterproof" brands, try a make-up setting spray. They are advertised to "Lock your make-up on all day". Just Google "make-up setting spray". The brand, Model-in-a-Bottle was recommended on Oprah, so it's the brand I'd try first (see the first 2 URL's).

Here's a few to choose from:

modelinabottle.com

amazon.com

beautydeals.net

aromaleigh.com

Model-in-a-Bottle Testimonials: modelinabottle.com

My daughter spends $12 a year and subscribes to Glamour and another $12 for Allure magazine. They have lots of make-up reviews and tips from make-up artists. Plus, these magazines are fun to read and what else can you get for only one dollar a month? (06/03/2009)

By Cyinda

Makeup is Not Staying on My Face

Just switch to Bare Minerals. None of the make up will disappear until you wash it off. It's actually good for your skin also, and is safe enough to sleep in. Every product stays put, even if you are in terrible humidity, tears, swimming, whatever. It's the best and you will never switch once you use it. If you have Sephora near you they will give you a full refund if your aren't 100 percent happy. The best thing is, you use such a small amount it lasts forever. No expiration on it either! (06/06/2009)

By Debi savicky

Makeup is Not Staying on My Face

Definitely use a primer. Instead of going to Sephora and spending a jillion dollars, get Monistat Chafing Gel. It's less than 10 dollars and works as well if not better. Youtube has several videos about using the gel as a primer. (09/13/2009)

By Leslie

Makeup is Not Staying on My Face

After working with stage and show, we found that a perfect way to keep makeup on and looking fresh from the start to the end of the day is to use a cotton ball and dip into milk of magnesia squeezing out excess, but not completely as you will want a white haze on your face when finished with this step. Cover your entire face and neck line, let dry or use a blow dryer to dry if you need to hurry.

Apply your base and the rest of your makeup as usual, finish with a light over spray of hairspray "not" the pump hairspray, but in the can. The cheaper the better it works.

After you remove your makeup be sure to use an extremely good moisture on your face and neck as the M.O.M will dry your skin. A perfect moisturizer is mashed avocado and virgin olive oil. Blend together amount you will need and apply let stand for 10 minutes and wash off, apply a night moisturizer and you are set to go! (09/13/2009)

By Beau

Makeup is Not Staying on My Face

I had the same problem. I started using Avon's Magix Face Perfector and now it stays on and that annoying shine is gone. I put it on over my moisturizer and its does exactly what the product says it will!
(01/14/2010)

By LINDA ROLINSKI