Frugal Ideas for a Valentine's Party

Category Parties
Planning a fun party for Valentine's Day does not have to be expensive. This is a guide about frugal ideas for a Valentine's party.

I need ideas for decorating at a Valentine's party as well as ideas for small gifts.

By Liz

Go to the local bulk food store and get a couple pounds of red hearts. Sprinkle them on the table and fill some jars about 3" up to set a metal (tea light) candle on the top. The metal kind are the evaporating kind, so you don't have to worry about melting wax.

Find some scrapbooking paper with hearts on it, or cupids, etc. and cut them out for table scatter too.

Pink/red crepe paper is super cheat, as are all the decorations at the dollar stores.

I hope that helps!

PBP

Recycle red Christmas decorations and candles. One year I had a centerpiece that was a crystal bowl full of red, white and pink Christmas balls. I used it for my Valentines Day table. Use red, pink and white tablecloths. You can get clear vases from the dollar store and fill with valentine candy for decorations and also give those out as door prizes.

I am the room mother for my son's 1st grade Valentine Day Party. I am responsible for coming up with great ideas for the party. I need a few games, crafts, and goody bag ideas.

By Lori from Oswego, IL

Search for " Valentine's Day Party Ideas and Valentine Party Games for Kids "lot of pictures & info there, good luck.

I love the website www.familyfun.com They have tons of ideas for Valentines Day! Good Luck

I am having a Valentine's party for a youth group at church for a bunch of teens. I'm 22, and am just helping out. It is a small church. They need some activities so I was going to throw a party for the group. Any cheap ideas and games would help me out. Thanks!

By Mary from OK

My suggestions would be have a free style dance time. See if someone has a Karioki (sp) machine and give some people a chance to show off. Or if you have a piano and a piano player you can go that route. Really anything that involves everyone. I take it you really aren't trying to set a dating type of environment so don't focus on that kind of mingling.

Charades never goes out of style for large group entertainment.

I remember one church I attended had a valentine grab bag. Everyone attending brought one Valentine card and put there own name on the out side of it. All the cards were tossed in a pillow case. Everyone was able to reach in and pull one card. As long as they didn't pull their own card everything was good. If they pulled their own card they handed it to the person holding the bag and pulled another. Then their card was tossed back in the case and the cards were mixed up again.

When I think of Valentine's Day and church, and young people, I immediately think of the ultimate Valentine: Jesus Himself.

If I were planning this party, I'd focus everything around John 3:16. It was God's love for each and every one of us that brought Jesus to share Himself with us. Every young person (and every not-so-young person) really needs to be aware of this fact.

for place mats, cut out hearts and crosses of similar size and contrasting colors. Glue the crosses over the hearts. Carman's "Mission 3:16" would probably be an excellent choice for background music. If the kids want it louder, all the better!

Sorry, that's about all I have. I suppose you know what your young people like as far as food and drinks go. Enjoy, and God bless!

I am looking for ideas for a kids' Valentine's Day party.

By Felicia from NY

There is an online site called "Oriental Trading" They have party decorations, invitations, tableware and party favors and they are SUPER inexpensive. I've ordered from them before and never had any problems. Their things are very cute and they have a wide selection.