Fruit Growing on a Jasmine Plant

I read a similar post from a gal who had a Jasmine plant with small white star like blossoms and dark green waxy leaves. Her plant started to grow grapes. I read the information that the plant can grow grapes that turn dark purple for the birds to eat.

My plant now has two "grape like" fruits growing on it. One is the size of a small lime and the other one is the size of the largest olive you can buy, like a Greek stuffed olive. My fruit is still green. My plant is inside my house. What do I do with the fruit? It may end up being an eggplant at the rate it is growing.

By Dottie1111 from Naperville, IL

I have a Star Jasmine plant that has become a tree with pale yellow flowers. Not one white star like flower since it was transplanted? No clue why. And no fruit or even seed pods. The tree is in the foreground of this picture. GG Vi

Oh no, that looks like a privet tree. Nastiest, stinkiest, messiest tree on the face of this earth (in my opinion). It will produce abundant purple berries, smaller than usual grapes, that the birds will love to eat, then poop purple all over everything! My suggestion, cut it down, ASAP! The other challenge with privet, is the birds will eat the semi-fermented berries and fly around drunk and into doors, windows, walls, etc. I loved surrounded by privets for 10 years.

That's not a Star Jasmine VINE, which grows 20 feet or more. None of mine over 30 years has ever had seed pods. They can get them, but they would be tiny. The Star flowers are only about 1/2 inch in diameter.