Fundraising Ideas for Dance Trip

My daughter is an Irish dancer and recently qualified to dance at the national competition in February. We live in Ohio and the competition is in Orlando. I am trying to come up with ideas to raise the funds so she can go on the trip, any suggestions?

Best Answer

First, figure out how much she/you will need.

That way you don't waste time on small fundraisers that may not get you where you need to be in time.

Next, figure out what your fund raising idea will COST you (in terms of materials or investments for resale..) Try to use idea's that COST you nothing or very little predominantly.

Ask local Chambers of Commerce, Dance Studios, her school, womans groups, rotaries and any other non profit who helps donate to various causes. Perhaps offer to show them her dance at one of the organizations when she makes an ask.

Ask a local paper if they could help promote donations and even find/contact any irish clubs or organizations for help! You should highlight all the work and effort she has put into her talent and how she is an great example for other young people!

Straight out donations are the first best choice!

Even contacting the airlines where she will be traveling with might help!

Best wishes with your talented daughter and her discipline!

Go to gofundme.com and then put it on social media.

As someone who is "allergic" (ha ha) to her kitchen, I appreciate bake sales very much! Many local stores will allow you to set up a table & a couple of chairs for a few hours to sell your items. Once you have bakers and a location secured, post the event on your FB page and ask your friends to do the same. :-) If I was in Ohio, I'd be your customer! :-) Good luck.

How many people are willing to help raise funds?

How long before you need the funds?

That is important because many "normal" fund raising events may take several people to pull it off.

I feel sure you have thought of baked goods, car washes, yard sales and probably many others.

It appears that you have some time before funds are needed so maybe you could try one of the newer sites that let you "ask" for donations. Most of these are free but be sure to personally check them out.

Here are a couple more links:

https://redbask  ACFUs6gQodkhMPtQ

https://www.you  ACFYw6gQodSEsFVQ

Could your daughter dance at various venues to help with subscriptions? Just make it clear it is a fund-raising venture. Perhaps senior citizens' centres, or even busking! I hope she is successful.

Put a video of her dancing on Utube or facebook and request donations with the stipulation that you will record her competition and forward it to all donaters.

Is this just her or a team that is going? Our youth group raises money to help pay for church camp each year. They have done car washes (with a sign stating the use and that donations are accepted), bake sale, garage sale, "auctioned" themselves to do chores, babysitting and such. There are also various go fund me pages online.

I agree with all I have read before me but please just pray a little bit about it and the great I Am WILL MAKE A WAY FOR YOU SOMEHOW......Goodlluck....

High School Fundraiser Carwash
Fundraising Ideas for a School Trip
Budget & Finance AdviceNovember 30, 2016
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
Smiling Woman in Belly Dance Costume
Making a Belly Dancer Costume
3 girls at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Dance Ideas
How to Belly Dance, Beautiful Bealldancer
How to Belly Dance
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 27, 2017 at 3:23:19 AM on 10.0.1.153 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.