Furniture Dents in Carpet

How can I fix a mark on the carpet from furniture?

By Joyce

Answers:

Furniture Dents in Carpet

You may not get rid of it completely, but you can lessen it by spraying it lightly with water, then steaming it with a steam iron (don't set the iron down on it, just hold it near). Then, while it is still warm and damp, use your fingers to loosen the matted down pile, and give it a good brushing.

You may have to do this more than once. I hope this helps. (05/07/2009)

By Mary T

Furniture Dents in Carpet

I have never tried this, but I remember hearing that you can put an ice cube in the dent. When it melts it helps the fibers in the carpet to fluff up again. (05/15/2009)

By towersmom

Furniture Dents in Carpet

From www.ehow.com:
Use a fork to fluff up the carpet in the dent. Don't go overboard, just a few passes to loosen up the compressed carpet tufts. (05/15/2009)

By Naturegrl77

Furniture Dents in Carpet

The person who recommended ice cubes is right on. I have done that for years. When I hired a fireman to come move some of my furniture, there were a lot of those dents left in my white carpeting. He said to just put an ice cube (or 2, depending on the diameter) on the carpet and let it melt. No need to fluff or blow dry. That's all I've ever done and it's worked great. (05/15/2009)

By CandaceK

Furniture Dents in Carpet

I moved furniture around in a room after 2 1/2 yrs and had many "dents". I read posts here and tried the iron. Wow. It worked so unbelievably well, in 30 seconds, that I signed up for this website so I can thank people and pass on this great tip. I put a thin rag on the dent and ironed, used steam, just like I'd iron a shirt. Keep it moving around on the rag for 20 seconds or so. Do not let iron touch rug directly! The dents came right out. I ran a fork over it to blend in with the rest of the carpet and complete the job. It was no big deal at all. (01/06/2010)

By cindytam

Furniture Dents from Carpet
Removing Furniture Dents from Carpet
Lampshade
Repairing Dents in Lampshades
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
🎉
🎄