Finding the Value of Conant Ball Furniture?

The Conant Ball furniture company was known for its Colonial furniture reproductions, cane seat furniture, and pieces designed by Russel Wright an American industrial furniture designer. This a page about finding the value of Conant Ball furniture.

43 Questions

Hi there. I have had these vintage Conant Ball chairs for about five years. They had been professionally reupholstered when I got them. As I recall, there was a corner table which fit in between them. I find the corner tables easily with an online search, but the chairs not so much.

I use them as a loveseat. They are in great shape. I don't know if they are made by Russel Wright or Leslie Diamond. There doesn't seem to be a signature indicating that. But they do look potentially built during the RW period? Anyway, with the family growing, i need a longer couch and alas we must part. I would appreciate any advice on what i should ask for them. Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer

d3h6k4kfl8m9p0.cloudfront.net/.../d.uSe3r.Dml831loQTyjfg.jpeg

This one is old, but it looks like your chairs.

They were sold, if I remember right, as sectionals with as cybergrannie said, an armless chair in the middle then there were some sold as the ends of a round sofa. The corner table may have been used with your pieces, but sold separately, I think.

I am trying to find a catalog example to confirm this.

The value in the one above is old. But in this brand may be a bit higher today if you are in a high supply, high demand area. Will be back with more of I can lay my hands on it!

Answer this Question

I bought this over 10 years ago at my local Habitat for Humanity store for $180. It has 6 rattan arm chairs and the table can be used as an oval or round w/1 leaf. It also came with an oval piece of glass. When replacing the table I discovered a partial maker's mark under the table. I've not been able to find anything comparable online. Can someone help identify and perhaps put a value on it?
Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

If nobody had changed the base on the table it would be worth some money. I can see by the base of the table and the cut of the wood that the table has been repaired. You can see where a person has cut another piece of wood and tried to repair the table and has put a screw in the back of the table. I fear that the price of this table won't be worth much at all in the condition it is in. You may be able to sell this locally for around 40-50 dollars but I am not even sure anyone will pay that much for the table the way it is right now. The chairs are still good and you should be able to sell them if you are looking to sell it.

Answer this Question

Please help me find the value of this table and the year it was made. It's in great shape and has been taken good care of. There is only 1 spot.

Answers

Best Answer

People are asking $400 all the way to $2000 for tables like this. Now keep in mind the asking price is not the true value of this table. The only time you can find out how much the table is actually worth is when one is sold. Currently I am not finding this exact table that has sold online. The value of this table is also determined by the area where you live. In some areas the table will sell for a lot higher price than in other areas. Also considering the table has a mark on it will lower the overall value of the item.

Best Answer

Your table is modern--not an antique. Not sure the year. Conant furniture was made to be timeless so sometimes it is hard to tell the exact dates if you were not the original owner and have the purchase receipt.

It does have unusual feet which are a style maybe 1950s ish. I am still trying to figure that out as today is the first I have ever seen those kind of feet on a Conant--I know now they exist--because I found this set (see link below) that seem to match--but they are different--this brand's table legs and lines were typically very sleek and streamlined--and these are a bit chunky and odd for the Conant brand--no offense on that comment--just not his usual style....which has me intrigued!

Is it signed?

I think I found your exact table? With a full set of chairs, this set 2016 for $314:

www.ebth.com/.../3597725-conant-ball-maple-wood-dining...

If this is your table then you may fetch $100 or less or if you just have the table (and in today's market). Furniture sales are regional so the actual value you can get for it will be very dependent on where you located and the supply and demand and the fact that yours has some damage to it. Sadly even a little damage to furniture lends to the devaluing.

I will continue to research and see if I can learn any more about this particular leg style as it relates to Conant. Many of this brand's pieces are quite valuable and that this set is not makes me want to dig deeper as to why!

If I learn more I will post back!! Thanks for sharing!

Answer this Question

We have 4 pieces of Conant Ball. A lounge chair, sofa, love seat, plus a surfboard nesting table. Looking to find the value of these pieces.

They have not been altered except for cushion replacement.

Answer this Question

My father recently passed away and he had some really beautiful Conant Ball furniture as part of his estate. My wife and I have a fully furnished home and don't have a need for any of the pieces. I had personally never heard of the maker, but after doing some thorough research, I discovered that much of this particular maker's pieces are quite valuable.

With that said, I've literally scoured thousands of photos online and have been unable to find any pieces that match what my father had. I'm hoping someone out there could help point me in the right direction. Thanks so much!

Answers

Best Answer

Conant Ball furniture is very expensive and sells for a large amount of money. There are several shops online that list this furniture and if you look at the prices pieces are selling for $350 and up. Larger pieces bring in a higher asking value. Selling this type of furniture online is very difficult and you need to worry about shipping this off to the buyer. I would not try and do this on your own. I would actually contact an antique dealer in your area and ask for their help in selling this furniture locally. At least they can tell you the real value of what you have so you can try and list it for sale in your area. They do have estate salespeople who can also help to find buyers for this furniture. Your area will actually determine the price of the furniture and how much it is really worth. I can quote you prices of the furniture that is similar to yours that is listed online but these are asking prices and not selling prices. I think that you really should consult an antique dealer in your area for the help that you need to price this and sell it.

Best Answer

If you wish to sell your furniture for the most money you will need a professional appraisal and most likely have to sell it at a large auction house that specializes in selling name brand furniture.

If your father had other nice items like this you probably should try to contact someone who does an 'on-site' appraisal of everything (individually). This will be expensive but probably the only way to know if it really is worth a lot.

You can also ask for online appraisals of this Conant Ball set to see if it is valuable and also some sites to list it for sale as well as information on better auction houses.

You could start with the pictures you have (they may ask for more) as well as measurements and any information you may have of past history - also your location.

www.whatsellsbest.com/.../antiques.html

instappraisal.com/

These sites charge $19-20.

mearto.com/

www.valuemystuff.com/us

Answer this Question

I love these chairs, they are original and in mint condition. Would someone know a value of these?

Answer this Question

When is this piece from? Is it a Russell Wright piece and how much is it worth? I got it at an estate sale.

Answers

Best Answer

Gorgeous piece! Did you get it for $64? I see one sold on the East coast for that amount. I don't believe it is a Wright because his were signed 98% of the time. The auction house should have confirmed the provenance before selling. If the one I saw is this one, the mark was just the standard Conant.

I have seen these hutches sell on various sites and locations before Covid for $100-500. Furniture sales are regional and now in a Covid market values are plummetting since people have limited income and are unemployed.

$64 is the value in the place of the auction because that was the sold price. Sold price equals current market value.

If you are trying to flip it, you may want to wait until the market starts to correct.

It is in nice shape!! Post back with an update!!

Best Answer

Beautiful cabinet.
It's a shame that china cabinet's popularity depends upon someone having china to display and since china is no longer a 'desirable' item it follows that china cabinets will not be high on everyone's 'wanted' list.
The majority of the larger china cabinets take up more room than apartments and modern homes have available and a 'dining' room is almost non-existent in today's homes as some of the most popular types of homes are 'tiny' houses as people seek to downsize into smaller and smaller areas.

This does not mean that cabinets like this are not selling but it does mean the type of buyers looking at these will be very low so it may take even longer to find a serious buyer.

I do see that some people are describing these cabinets as a 'breakfront' but yours is a true china cabinet. Does it really matter - no - but if you decide to sell then I would recommend listing it as a china cabinet but also have breakfront in the description mainly because people searching may not know the different and just look under one category.
Here is a description of the difference:

"A china cabinet is a storage closet either separate from, or built into, a wall while breakfront is any piece of furniture that has a central section that projects farther forward than the other sections."

Here is a link to an excellent listing that has everything you need to know about how to list a cabinet like yours for sale. This listing covers everything - all you have to do is change the wording to fit your cabinet - measurements, etc. and add your pictures.

www.etsy.com/.../vintage-maple-conant-ball-china-cabinet...

You can look at the sold listings on eBay and see that cabinets are still selling but if you look closely you will see that very few are large cabinets; most are smaller and all can be used as other furniture - such as book cases or combinations for other displays.
You will also notice that most of them are listed as 'pick up only' so that means they cannot be counted as any type of 'value' except in that city/area.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=antique+vintage...

eBay and Etsy have a lot of traffic but these sites are not very easy for new sellers to use and can 'trappings' that can be costly so if you do plan to sell your cabinet I would suggest sites like Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, USA4Sale Nationwide or just your area and any of the other sites that allow you to list as 'local pick up only'.

Answer this Question

This was my late aunt's set. I would guess '50s? But I really don't know and everyone in my family is gone now so I have no one to ask. I'm wondering what it's worth? I'm moving to TN and trying to figure out if I'm taking it or not.

Answer this Question

My father recently passed and we are trying to sell/find new homes for much of his furniture. We have a Conant Ball solid oak dining room table and have no idea of it's value. Makers mark says Conant Ball Furniture Makers and several numbers.

There is no mention of the designer. 68"x38"x21¾". 2 leaves that extend it to 92".

I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer

On Chairish they are listing 2 different model dining tables with a drop leaf that are a bit different than yours. One table is going for 1695 dollars and the other one is going for 1995 dollars. This should give you a good idea about how much the table is worth.

Best Answer

Lovely piece, is going for as high as $2000 on ebay, charish.com, and online sales. You would have to find the right way to market it in your area. If local arrange for them to pick up and save money. Also try auction/bid with a minimum price and stage it well!

Answer this Question
Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles AntiquesOctober 16, 2015
🐰
🐛
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-the-Value-of-Conant-Ball-Furniture.html