Finding the Value of Conant Ball Furniture

Category Antiques
The Conant Ball furniture company was known for its Colonial furniture reproductions, cane seat furniture, and pieces designed by Russel Wright an American industrial furniture designer. This a page about finding the value of Conant Ball furniture.

I have a bookcase and am not sure of its value. It probably isn't worth much, except for sentimental reasons. It is in good condition and has Conant Ball Furniture Makers stamped on the back with the numbers 4402 7307. Can you help me with how to find more information on this piece? I am not sure when it was built, but am very interested in more information.
Thank you.

Answers

On eBay, the prices vary from low to high. I would look often for the next few months to see what your bookcase actually sells for.

Here is some info about the company:

www.justcollecting.com/.../conant-ball-furniture-company-information

They closed in 1980.

There were some famous folks who did work for them as you can see in this wiki:

en.wikipedia.org/.../Russel_Wright

You may want to take your piece to an expert and see if they can give you more info on it. If you ask about insuring it, they are often more generous with their expertise!

I can't seem to find info on their numbering system, but I suspect that it was made in July 1973 (based on the numbers below--but I am just guessing based on other company's practices).

If that can be verified and you do go to sell it, be sure to list it as mid century modern (MCM) so you get the right buyers to look at it. Technically the mid century was 1950s...but colloquially it seems to run from the 50s through the early 1970s.

Here is info on what MCM is about:

www.curbed.com/.../midcentury-modern-design-mad-men...

Hope this gets you started on your quest to learn more about your item.

I have two Conant Ball end tables that I inherited from my grandmother. Can anyone give me more information on them, and possibly an idea of value?

Thank you.

Answers

This one is similar to yours. They are asking $299. www.ebay.com/.../253551044523?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt...

I've been searching and searching with no results on a Conant Ball Furniture Makers oak shelf 6 tier etagere. The numbers are 4474 2029.

Answers

I cant find this particular piece, but other pieces from this manufacturer are going for over $1500.

I just got this furniture and I want to keep it I'm pretty sure. I think it's worth money, but I'm not sure how much. I found other furniture by the same company and it's pretty expensive.

I just want to make sure. Can anybody tell me the value of this set?

Answers

You can find a value range in your area by contacting an auction or consignment house, checking on EBay and Craig's List for prices, and online searches.

Consumer Advice Collectibles AntiquesOctober 16, 2015
🌻
🎂
📓