Antique Brass Bed Information

Category Antiques
Finding information about an antique brass bed, such as age or manufacturer can be difficult. This is a guide about antique brass bed information.

I purchased a very old brass bed, queen size, that is at least 100 years old, judging by the support frames. It has very high posts on the headboard, and lower ones on the footboard. The shape is angular, but with round posts and spindles. The finials are not round, but almost mushroom shape. I've never seen one exactly like it. Anyone know anything about this style?

Answers

I would look for some kind of marking. It will make it much easier to identify it.

If you are looking for information about your bed, I would basically start online and check out this website. It will help you to identify your bed and tell you about the different antique bed designs. You can always take a photo of your bed and they will be more than happy to help you with more information. https://www.lov  e-beds/knowledge

Can someone help me identify this brass/iron bed? The bed headboard and footboard are vintage, maybe antique. I have scoured the internet and have yet to find anything remotely looking like this design. I am totally stumped. It's awesome, but I would love to know the manufacturer and a general date it was from. I'm cleaning it now, but have yet to find any identifying marks. Thanks so much!

By Pattie McIntyre