Identifying an Antique Brass Bed

I purchased a very old brass bed, queen size, that is at least 100 years old, judging by the support frames. It has very high posts on the headboard, and lower ones on the footboard. The shape is angular, but with round posts and spindles. The finials are not round, but almost mushroom shape. I've never seen one exactly like it. Anyone know anything about this style?

I would look for some kind of marking. It will make it much easier to identify it.

If you are looking for information about your bed, I would basically start online and check out this website. It will help you to identify your bed and tell you about the different antique bed designs. You can always take a photo of your bed and they will be more than happy to help you with more information. www.loveantiques.com/.../knowledge