Cleaning a Brushed Antique Brass Sink

Category Bathroom
Polishing a brass sink will help keep away soap deposits. This is a guide about cleaning a brushed antique brass sink.

My sink basin is metal and I am having a hard time cleaning the soap deposits from it. It has a brushed antique brass finish. In the past I had liquid handsoap in a dispenser for guests to use and it would spot the finish with a greenish-blue cast. Any suggestions for regular cleaning?

Mabel from Marion, SC

Answers

By Jennifer,CA (Guest Post)

I'm not sure about the antique brass but I know of a cleaner called Bar Keeper's Friend. It cleans brass beautifully.

They have a website: www.barkeepersfriend.com
ph# 800-433-5818
Check it out.

Is there some sort of a lacquer you can paint on to seal the finish?
Ask the manufacturer or the store where you bought it (or Home Depot) for sugestions.