Garden: Rosebushes For Mother's Day

My mother had always told us not to put flowers on her grave when she was gone, for she wouldn't see them. So I came up with an idea. On Mother's Day every year, my hubby and I would buy her a rose bush for her yard. We made a big party out of it. Not only did we get her the rose, we came up with some kind of garden themes for her yard because my mom loved her yard. One year, we did a iron donkey planter with a rose planted inside. The next, we planted a rose inside of sombrero.

I am so glad I did this for her. She is gone now and I still have some of the rose bushes that we bought for her and I can remember that day we planted and had our own private party.

By Dar from Texas

Answers:

Rosebushes For Mother's Day

Dar, what fond memories of you mother. I think planting rose bushes is a wonderful idea! My mom also passed a few years ago. She loved her hanging flower basket we bought her every Mother's day so I will continue that tradition from here on out. (05/08/2007)

By Julie

Rosebushes For Mother's Day

Dar, what a wonderful thing to do! I got my mom a rose bush this year for Mother's Day. She is living with us and she was so excited. She said it made her feel like this is her home too, having a rose bush. (07/08/2007)

By meoowmom

Wrapped Mother's Day gift.
Mother's Day Gift Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mom and Kids Celebrating Mother's Day
Celebrating Mother's Day
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Mother's Day Card
Mother's Day Craft Ideas
🎄