Gardening With a Disability

A physical disability does not necessarily mean you can no longer garden. This is a guide about gardening with a disability.

February 13, 2011 Flag

I'm not about to give up gardening because I'm disabled, but it hurts too much to bend over all the time. So I figured out that if I use a mechanic creeper (you know, those things that mechanics use to roll under cars on), then I can sit on it, be closer to the dirt, carry my supplies, and I don't have to bend over. It works on grass, sidewalk or even in the dirt as long as it's not not wet. One more "dis-" I just took out of disabled! Happy Gardening.

By MobeaB from Texas City, TX

Top Comment

Some folks in wheel chairs are able to garden by planting in hay bales. Lots of vegetables do.well planted in the bales

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceNovember 16, 2016
Social Security Disability Form
Receiving Social Security Disability Benefits
Small Walled Garden
Gardening in Small Spaces
In a wheelchair doing laundry.
Organizing Your Home When You Have a Disability
A woman sitting at table in a wheelchair.
Living With a Disability
🎉
🎄