Getting Cigarette Smoke out of Doll Clothing

I just bought a doll off of Ebay and it is in perfect condition except that the clothes on the doll reek of cigarette smoke. The doll was made in 1975 and I am worried about using products that might tarnish the clothing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Kate

Answers:
Getting Cigarette Smoke out of Doll Clothing 11/30/2004
Aud (Guest Post)
Try a cool Woolite soak, or a cool water/vinegar soak (1/8 cup vinegar to 1/2 gallon of water). This is what I use for old antique quilts. Let them soak and then rinse and air dry. Hope this helps!
Getting Cigarette Smoke out of Doll Clothing 12/31/2004
Post by FrugalFriend
I would remove the clothes from the doll, turn them inside out, spray them with fabric freshener & toss them in the clothes dryer for a few minutes.
Getting Cigarette Smoke out of Doll Clothing 01/27/2005
Laura (Guest Post)
Would these also work with a doll that has a battery pack in it? I bought a new 'Tickle-Me-Elmo' for a friend and I'm afraid the smoke smell will aggravate allergies.
Getting Cigarette Smoke out of Doll Clothing 05/05/2005
Gail (Guest Post)
Do not use Woolite on Vintage or Mod Era Barbie clothing, it removes the sizing.

Place a layer of baking soda in the bottom of a tupperware like container. Wrap clothing in a paper towel and place it on top of the baking soda. Put the lid on the container and let it sit. Every seven days replace the baking soda and paper towels until all the smell is gone.

I would not use Fabreeze. It leaves a telltale odor that turns stale.

Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Cigarettes
Cigarette Smoke Odors From Neighbors
Cigarette Smoke
Removing Cigarette Smell on Clothes
🎄