Removing Cigarette Smell on Clothes

Category Odors
Cigarette smoke is very pervasive, it can cling to your clothing if you either smoke yourself, work or live with a smoker. This is a guide about removing cigarette smell on clothes.

How do you eliminate cigarette smells from clothes as quickly as possible?

Alex

Answers

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Try Febreze, it can be sprayed directly to clothes, car, most surfaces. I spray it in the room and it goes to carpet or furniture. Air out clothes, hang on hanger and place in a breezy area on the line or back porch. I used to go to concerts and some clothes were dry clean only so I would hang them out side immediately.

Best Answer

White clothes, rinse with white vinegar. It also helps whiten and gets rid of excess soap.

By debbie (Guest Post)
Best Answer

You can also put them in the electric clothes dryer if you have access to one with a fabric softener sheet on the no-heat setting (mine says "air fluff").

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Add a cup of ammonia to the water when laundering clothes - this really eliminates the stale smoke smell.

Best Answer

Wash your clothes with Scope (one capful) and it will get heavy smoke out (we went through a fire and had to wash everything) If it needs to be done right away, any fabric refresher would do (clorox makes a great one, just as safe on fabrics as febreez

How do I remove cigarette odor from home and laundry?

Answers

Cigarette smell is essentially impossible to remove; there is no way to successfully remove the smell from breath, body, clothes etc. The real problem is much bigger-not just smoke but also second and third hand smoking residuals.

The three (that we know of) disabling and deadly disease causing cigarette smoking residuals:
1-Cigarette Smoke in the air-Breathed in by other people, pets etc.
2-Cigarette Smoke Particulate Matter-Smoke particles in the air that drop from the smoke to the body, clothes and all surfaces in the car, house, work etc. From direct smoke but also from smokers and non-smokers breathing your smoke particles in and out of their lungs.
3-Cigarette Particles From Smoke that are in house, car and any other surfaces and then lifted up by air disturbances to be breathed into the lungs by people, pets, etc.
All three cigarette smoking residuals are significant disease causing problems.
As long as one smokes, they will always smell like smoke (from the body-cigarette breath from lungs, body exudes smell in sweat, etc.) People will smell like smoke no matter how much they shower, wash clothes, use mouthwash, soap, shampoo etc., and any other method you try.

Important-The three cigarette smoking residuals cause severe diseases-cancers, lung diseases etc., to smokers and non smokers alike.
I remember recently in the news, a man who smoked for years and then his wife, a non-smoker, died of lung cancer, from his smoking.

You can use a product called Nok-Out. It is available on Amazon.

activated charcoal satchets, spraying with vinegar water, putting bowls of coffee grounds everywhere, and wiping down all surfaces very well with bleachy or vinegary water will help combat the smell

My mom smokes cigarettes and she a heavy smoker, and when I go out in public my clothes smells horrible. I'm fifteen years old. Can anybody tell what I should do?

By Kay

Answers

Tell your mom you love her and want to see her live to meet her grandkids and you don't plan on having kids anytime soon so she needs to get with the program. :) seriously though tell her. She probably doesn't think about it. Tell her you smell like a smoker and you don't want to. Tell her your feelings and ask her to go outside and not smoke in car... Nicotine sticks to anything and can cause major problems for those who don't even smoke.

Sorry but your love for someone cant overcome addiction..easy to say.hard to do

keep your coat separate from where mom smokes my granddaughter mother smokes like a train keep it in a bag and closet away from the traffic of smoke wash with vinegar

My parents are smokers and every 3 weeks I go to my boyfriend's house and I reek with smoke and he has asthma. We live in an apartment and they don't open the windows or anything. How would I take the scent off of me to where it doesn't trigger his or his mom's asthma?

By Summer from Talalah, OK

Answers

Keep a set of new clothes (that haven't been around your parents) at your boyfriend's house.

I had this issue as a teen. Wash your clothes with Borax. Its the white box. Wash em twice and put em in zip lock bags with dryer sheets. Keeps the smell down while your not wearing them. Then carry fabreeze.