Getting Rid of Ants in Kitchen

How can I deal with ants in the kitchen?

Bill from Boynton Beach, FL

Answers:

Getting Rid of Ants in Kitchen

Great tip about the peppermint oil. I'll have to try that next time.

I had some success with Borax and icing sugar mixed together, but I eventually had to find the entry point. I noticed some ants around the gas line entering my foundation walls, and caulked up the little gap. There was an old line that ran up into the floor underneath my stove. I also caulked up a gap between the dining room baseboard and the floor. They were coming in through there. I used clear silicone caulking in a tube. Very easy and you don't even see it. Tape it off. Run a bead. Wet your finger with water and smooth it over the bead. Or use a glove. (08/18/2008)

By Guest

Getting Rid of Ants in Kitchen

We swear by Sun and Earth cleaner. A combination of orange and coconut oils. Kills ants fast and discourages them from returning. Safe for counters and around kids and pets. (08/18/2008)

By chriself

Getting Rid of Ants in Kitchen

I had the same problem last year and was at my wits end until our neighbor came by and sprinkled Sevin dust outside where they were coming in at and I was never bothered again by ants. That stuff really works. (08/19/2008)

By busdrivr

Getting Rid of Ants in Kitchen

I had ants in the kitchen in Florida, they were biting and I tried the pepper which sent them crawling home and then I sealed up there place where they were getting in with cinnamon paste made by adding water. It seems to have done the trick. (08/27/2008)

By Roberta

Getting Rid of Ants in Kitchen

1. Spray ants with Lemon Pledge. This stops all ant movement, as they are frozen in their tracks.
  2. Let dry.
  3. Wipe with paper towels and toss in trash can.

No "gritty" feeling when wiping. No poison. Nice smell. Shiny surface. Ant scent trail destroyed. Please let me know if you try this and how it worked for you. (12/16/2008)

By cj

photo of ants eating a scrap of onion
Getting Rid of Ants in the Kitchen
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
Ant on a leaf.
Getting Rid of Ants in Outdoor Potted Plants
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎉
🎄