Browsing: Getting Rid of Bookworms

Getting Rid of Bookworms

I was hoping someone might know how to rid a book of bookworms. I ordered an out-of-print book that I would like to keep, but as I was reading it I found several (cute) little bookworms. I don't want the rest of my books infected. Currently the book is in a ziplock bag in my freezer. However, I don't see that as a long term solution.

April

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

For heaven's sake, get that book out of the freezer! Freezing temperatures and the moisture in the freezer can damage pages and bindings as much as bookworms! As a book seller my suggestion is to poke holes in your plastic bag ( take the book out first!) then place the book in a well aerated place (books need air circulation) and sprinkle dried lavender around the area in which you store your book. Insect pests seem to dislike lavender and it also helps to remove the musty smell old books develop!

Julie

Actually, I've read that putting the book in the freezer (in an airtight ziplock bag!) actually kills the bookworms (warmth and oxygen deprived). Leave it in for about 2 weeks.

Gordon.

I am also in need to know, My mom has a 1936 book with all of Shakespeare's work in it and a bookworm has eaten almost halfway through it

Worm crawling on a stack of bookc.
Getting Rid of Bookworms
Home and Garden Pest Control BugsSeptember 8, 2000
Worm Bin
Making a Worm Bin
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Worm Tea
Making and Storing Worm Tea
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 4:21:53 AM on 10.0.0.156 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.