Getting Rid of Carpet Beetles

Carpet beetles can damage your carpet by eating the fibers. They can also spread into furniture and other areas. This is a guide about getting rid of carpet beetles.

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

How do I get rid of carpet beetles? My entire house is infested, I find the shed skins and larvae everywhere. I sweep daily! Now the shed skins are coming out of the heater vents! What can I do to get rid of these black carpet beetles forever?

Heidi from Clearfield, UT

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What do you know? I now use LOTS (about a CUP )of 20 Mule Team Borax in all my clothes washing! All the tiny gnats, moths, and other insects that come in from the garden are all gone, and the clothes/linens are GREAT. Boric Acid is poison, kills insects, and must be related to Borax somehow, because it has worked for me for two months, now. I plan to sprinkle it all over my carpet paths, leave it a week, then vaccum it up before steam cleaning with an old steamer. Also I plan to toss an old flea collar into the vacuum bad if it's not full now.

How'd I know I had some kind of bug? There were tiny red peppery spots/ stains around the lid of my washer with each wash, prior to using the Borax. After using it, there have been no signs at all.

Good luck. : )

Ever since we pulled up the carpet we now have carpet beetles like crazy (they must be looking for new food sources). Is anybody able to share wisdom as to how to eradicate them?

Susan from Columbus, Ohio

Eliminating Carpet Beetles

I feel sorry for you but we got fleas, try using a fogger ie., Doom fogger that's what a friend of ours did. (05/20/2008)

By Ursula

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Pest Control BeetlesFebruary 12, 2013
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Japanese beetle eating a leaf.
Getting Rid of Japanese Beetles
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Asian Beetles
Getting Rid of Asian Beetles
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 6, 2016 at 2:12:35 PM on 10.0.1.72 in 307 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.