Getting Rid of Fire Ants

Is there anything that will get rid of for good fire ants in SC? I am thinking of Decon, the rat poison.

Hardiness Zone: 7b

By johnsons from SC

Answers:

Getting Rid of Fire Ants

Here is a site I found and I have tried the boiling water on the mounds too. Here is the site:

http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/pest-control/how-to-get-rid-of-fire-ants-2/

Robyn (06/22/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Getting Rid of Fire Ants

There is a product made by Bengal. It's a white powder that will zap a mound quicker than you can imagine! We used to use the Amdro Ant Bait but it took a few days to work. My DH brought this product home and it works like a charm. We have two dogs in the yard, we keep a close eye on the it when we use it!
Good Luck! (06/22/2009)

By StefPaints

Getting Rid of Fire Ants

Here is a natural site to get rid of them. It involves vinegar and cayenne pepper. After disturbing the mound, pour this on it. LOL. http://activerain.com/blogsview/111241/Got-Fire-Ants-Try Racer (06/22/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Getting Rid of Fire Ants

When I lived in Louisiana (the capital of red ants), I used boiling water, which works very well. Sometimes I spread raw grits on the mound and that also worked (I think the ants ate the grits. When they drank, the grits would swell and kill them). (06/24/2009)

By mulberry204

Fire Ants
Getting Rid of Fire Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
Ant on a leaf.
Getting Rid of Ants in Outdoor Potted Plants
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎉
🎄