Getting Rid of Fleas

What is the safest and least expensive way to rid my yard of fleas? I need something for my dog also. Thanks.

By Celeste from Van, TX

Getting Rid of Fleas

Salt, borax, and/or cedar chips. Lavender helps, too. If really bad, I used cinnamon oil for head lice. I bet it would work for fleas. Mix cinnamon, a few drops in a gallon of water, and spray on lawn/ground. Or maybe try cinnamon as a duster. You could mix it with corn meal and put it in a shaker to dust pet, like old style flea powder. Bugs don't like cinnamon. (05/28/2010)

By Flintmoonwitch

Getting Rid of Fleas

I have a very sensitive, finicky Border Collie, so here's what really works to prevent and kill fleas!

1. The problem is, diet! I have done my research and got my dog off the grocery store crap that's killing our pets. They make our animals sick so the fleas will bite. They bite the ones with poor immune systems more than the healthy!
  2. Ad

3. Tip - vinegar is great in the water bowl!
  4. Skin So Soft by Avon, use it as suggested.
  5. Advantage is great. You may need to doctor the dog/cat twice initially but after that no more fleas!
  6. Mule Borax in the detergent aisle at Wal-Mart is great for the house and furniture.
All these things are inexpensive and work miracles. Don't listen to all that other nonsense. Your pet will love you for these four steps taken! (06/08/2010)

By ladywolfdg

Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas
My Dog is Infested With Fleas
My Dog is Infested With Fleas
On the beach scratching fleas.
Getting Rid of Sand Fleas
Dog Scratching at Fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas in Your Yard
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding