Getting Rid of Fruit Flies

Since we keep a small compost container on the counter and it attracts fruit flies when they are in season, I was wondering about the cider vinegar/dish soap combo. Would it work to put these in the compost container to kill or trap the flies?

By Anne-Marie from Taos, NM

Getting Rid of Fruit Flies

Yes, I found it to be very helpful to put apple cider vinegar in a bowl covered with plastic wrap. It draws them right to it then they drown themselves. I bought raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar from Whole Foods market. It works way better than white vinegar! (08/11/2010)

By dstill

Getting Rid of Fruit Flies, Fruit Fly on Apple
Getting Rid of Fruit Flies
House fly on a white surface.
Getting Rid of Flies at a Restaurant
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
Fly paper strips hanging by clothes pins.
Making Fly Paper