Getting Rid of Gophers

Gophers are demolishing my yard. They are eating my roses, iris, and other plants and leaving mounds of dirt everywhere. I've been putting poison in the holes. I tried traps, but the gopher pushed dirt onto it which set it off.

By abacal4 from Vista, CA

Getting Rid of Gophers

I read that you can take a couple of tablespoons of castor oil and a drop of dish detergent. Put in garden sprayer, fill rest of the way up with water and water your lawn. They hate the castor oil and won't mate because of the smell. I personally poured old grease down the holes that I found which were quite a lot. Over the course of one summer, they went to the neighbors yard. Hope this helps. (08/06/2009)

By grannygirl

Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
Two earwigs on a yellow flower.
Getting Rid of Earwigs