Getting Rid of Mice Without Poison

Whether you use cats or traps, there are ways to control a rodent invasion. This guide is about getting rid of mice without poison.

A photo of mouse.
Filter Sort

Question: Getting Rid of a Mouse Without Poison

I have a mystery mouse in my house, I see the poop pellets around, see teeth marks in cracker boxes, etc., but I haven't seen the mouse. How do I get rid of a mouse humanely that I can't find? I have four young children and don't want sharp traps or poison laying around nor am I keen about finding the critter, I just want it back outside where it belongs!

By Christina F. from Fonthill, Ontario, Canada

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Kay 4 18 Flag

I saw commercials for something like "Riddex" (check it online), you plug it in and the waves or whatever keep mice away, it's the only thing that has ever worked.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Pet Friendly Mouse Control

By SusanP 4 2

How do we work on getting rid of mice in our house? We have tried all the glue type things, and some regular mouse traps. We have dogs and one cat, so we don't want them eating a mouse that might poison them. We are very concerned, because we don't want house damage. We live next to a wooded area, because we live in the country.

By Susan P.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Maryeileen 76 1,143 Flag

You can buy humane traps that don't kill; you then relocate the mice to a field or elsewhere far from your home. As an aside, mothballs are not pet-friendly.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Keeping Mice and Rats Out of Storage Unit

By greeneyes4535967 1

I have a self storage unit in a different state where I am living presently and need to keep out rats and mice. My sister saw droppings in the unit when she went today. I have this storage unit long term, and have everything I own inside it. I do not want my possessions destroyed. So far I have seen information about the poisons humans can get from pesticides, and what is in the moth crystals, and flakes and it does not sound like would be great to use either of those. Also, I do not have anyone that can go to my storage unit on a regular basis to use the traps. I am not sure what to do. Please help with any serious suggestions. Thanks.

By greeneyes4535967

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Jackolyn Smith 17 134 Flag

We get mice in our garage in the winter. Our garage is really like a pole barn that sits at the back of our property. We buy Ramik bars from a tractor & feed store. Agway sells them too. We put them in the garage and in our basement. You break up the bars and put them along the walls where you think they might be getting in. The vermin eat the bars and then they die. They dehydrate so you can't smell them like you would if they ate D-Con. A farmer told us about this. He uses them in his barn to keep the mice and rats away. Since we started using the bars, we only find flat-as-a-pancake dead mice now! If you can't find the Ramik bars, there's another one put out by a company called TomCat. These are poisonous to your pets.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Mice from Victor Humane Trap

By totally frustrated 1

How do you safely remove live mice from a Victor Humane trap? There are no latches, etc. so you have to use both hands gripping the top and bottom then open it at arms length. No fun to have mice jumping towards your face.

By totally frustrated from CA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Pest Control MiceNovember 5, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Poison Oak leaves.
Getting Rid of Poison Oak
Poison Sumac Bush
Remedies for Poison Sumac
Felt Mouse
Making Felt or Fabric Mice
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 7, 2016 at 10:28:47 PM on 10.0.0.227 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings