Pet Friendly Mouse Control

How do we work on getting rid of mice in our house? We have tried all the glue type things, and some regular mouse traps. We have dogs and one cat, so we don't want them eating a mouse that might poison them. We are very concerned, because we don't want house damage. We live next to a wooded area, because we live in the country.

By Susan P.

I have had this problem years ago after so much more rain then normal. I hate mice so I needed help. My daughter years later used the same thing I did however now its very easy to buy at your local Home Depot type stores. It plugs into the outlet, send out sound waves that the mice literally can't stand.

I had to order mine direct from the company. These sound wave mice controllers get rid of every one, if you have only 1 story home only need one. It will amaze you how fast they leave. It doesn't kill them. They can't be around the sound waves (kind of like a dog whistle, in way you can't hear it) only what you don't want hears it. I owned a dog back then, she couldn't hear it, so no worries on your pets. Spend the money it's so worth it.

Most pets can hear it and it upsets them.

I read in Mother Earth News years ago that rats and mice have a one way digestive system. So, they can't burp. They said put down a lid of soda, any kind that is sweet, and they will have their fill. When the deed is done, there is no muss or fuss.

They generally die close to their other critters so there isn't much to clean up.

If this helps, it's no danger to the other critters, esp' if you put it up higher than they can reach or under cupboards they can't enter.

I hope this helps.
PBP

Scatter moth balls around entrances as garage doors, openings under the house and such. I have used this in our garage for years and even in other buildings.

You can buy humane traps that don't kill; you then relocate the mice to a field or elsewhere far from your home. As an aside, mothballs are not pet-friendly.