Wrist Support Ideas For Using a Mouse

Category Tips
If you use a mouse many hour a day it can be easy to develop wrist pain. Putting a cushion of some sort under your wrist while using the mouse may have relieve the pain you are experiencing. This is a page about wrist support ideas for using a mouse.

I needed support for my wrist while resting my hand on the desk when I was using the computer mouse. It was getting very uncomfortable while I was reading all the great ideas on Thrifty Fun! I did not want to give that up!

Instead of buying something, I use a head band wrapped around my wrist and it works great and is very comfortable. It can be washed but I would suggest, hanging it to dry.

I bought it at Dollar Tree for, of course, $1.00. It is sold as a head band for using while washing your face, applying make-up, etc. The band is a very thick cotton material and is gathered.

My list to my next trip to Dollar Tree will include another headband.

By it's.only.me from NE PA

Does anyone have an idea of what I can use as a wrist rest while I use my mouse when I'm on my computer? I don't want to go out and buy a new mouse pad with a gel pad on the bottom when my regular mouse pad is just fine. I just need something to give my upper wrist support as I use my mouse. Thanks in advance for your clever and money-saving suggestions!

By Jenlyn from Tonawanda, NY

Answers:

Wrist Support While Using Mouse

Cut a piece of fabric and sew 3 seams and leave the end open or use an old sock and fill it with white rice and sew up the end. (08/14/2009)

By Marjorie

Wrist Support While Using Mouse

Before my husband found a great deal on a wrist support I was using a foam sample I had gotten from Tempurpedic. Worked fine. (08/14/2009)

By pam munro

Wrist Support While Using Mouse

Right now, I'm using a tube sock that I folded into thirds, then wrapped a rubber band around it. Simple! I had some wrist pain and didn't want to spend the money either, and this has served me for months now. (08/18/2009)

By Monica

Need a wrist support to use while operating your mouse? They're not cheap in the stores. So I use a travel-sized pack of facial tissues. It is the perfect height, and very soft. You can wrap it with a paper towel or light cloth, so your skin doesn't stick to the plastic packaging.

Works for me, and cost almost nothing!

By Donna from Bel Air, MD

Answers:

Wrist Support While Using Mouse

You won't believe this but while I was reading your post I was thinking about my wrist being uncomfortable. I read through your post and much to my surprise, I just so happened to have a purse pack of tissues right here at the computer. I put it under my wrist and it felt immediately better. Thanks for the idea! (04/14/2009)

By Lee

Wrist Support While Using Mouse

Excellent idea! Thank you (04/14/2009)

By Ginnee

Wrist Support While Using Mouse

I was lucky and got my grandmother an Arthritis friendly mouse with a big ball foam thingy on it, and it's optical too! Even better was that it was free from a healthcare company that I product test for :) (04/14/2009)

By Leslie Horinka

Wrist Support While Using Mouse

That's exactly how I came to use the pack of tissues, GeorgiaPeach! My wrist was hurting, I wanted something soft, and the tissues were right here at my computer desk. My wrist is much better now.

I was recently laid off, and just don't want to spend the $10-$12 for a wrist support mouse pad right now. You know how it is.

Thanks for your feedback!
DonnaM. (04/15/2009)

By Donna

Wrist Support While Using Mouse

This is a great idea. I was using one of those quick rinse scrubby sponges. You know you buy the whole bag for like $2 at the dollar store and you get like 6 of them. The sponge part is soft, I put the scrubby side down and I put it in a sock. It worked great for a good year or more. Then I got a real wrist rest for Christmas, it has ergo beads. LOL. (04/18/2009)

By Laura

Computers TipsJune 15, 2017
🎃
🌻