Cleaning a Wrist Watch

Category Jewelry
Your wrist watch can get quite dirty from daily wear. This is a guide about cleaning a wrist watch.

While cleaning my glasses with a wet cloth designed for that purpose I noticed my wrist watch sitting on the desk and noticed that the back of the watch seemed a bit dirty. I turned the watch in-side out then using the wet cloth I had just used on my glasses I wiped all over the back of the watch and when finished it was very clean and the cloth was extremely dirty.

I don't think most people ever think to clean the back of their watch especially if they sweat a lot, or wear their watch all the time. If you are someone who might wear their watch when showering, you may not realize that soap scum is building up on the back. Doing this once every so often will help to extend the life of your watch. This also works on the inside of the band as well.

By Melody from Medford, OR

I have a white watch that is hard to clean. I tried looking for white shoe polish, but can't seem to find it.
The watch is $30.00 to replace (Michael Kors).

By Lina