Getting Rid of Vinegar Flies in a Composting Toilet

I have a composting toilet and have vinegar flies that I can't get rid of. Does anyone know how to get rid of them? I have tried everything.

By Tracey from Queensland, Australia

I don't know about composting toilets, but when I was younger we had an outhouse. We used ashes to "flush" the toilet after each use. We had no flies, and it cut the smell down to almost nothing as well. We took ash from the fireplace and kept it in the outhouse. We used two or three cups after each use. You'll have to find out if doing this would harm your toilet before trying it.
Good luck! (03/23/2011)

By Kathe555

House fly on a white surface.
Getting Rid of Flies at a Restaurant
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet