Natural Repellent for Sand Flies

Category Flies
Sand flies are blood sucking flies typically found in sandy areas, hence their name. This is a guide about natural repellent for sand flies.

What can I use as a natural repellent for sand flies?

By leanne from Gladstone, Queensland

Answers

The best thing I have used is Cactus Juice sun & skin protectant. Mine was given to me by a friend, but the back of the bottle says you can order it at cactusjuicetm.com It is SPF 20 and is completely non-toxic. It works and Smells amazing!
Also, Avon skin so soft works really well for keeping a barrier between them and your skin! And that seems to be the trick. so something as simple as Aquaphor or Vaseline may even work for you! Deet works, of course, but I really hate spraying it all over my three-year-old! And unlike me, when the sand fleas or flies bite her, they leave large whelps on her skin for days just like mosquito bites! Good luck.. Those things really do hurt!!