Gifts for Teachers

As a former teacher, I know that teachers do not need gifts in apple motif, mugs or perfumes. What I loved the most were gift certificates to restaurants, movies, Starbucks, and Wal-mart. Home-made edibles like banana bread that I could freeze until after the holidays were great. Even a thoughtful note on a card telling your child's teacher how important she is and what a great job she does are A plus gifts. A gift of time, such as an offer to help with a field trip, work in the classroom, or do school-related tasks at home would make you a much-loved parent.

By Linda

Answers:

Gifts for Teachers

As a teacher inundated with mugs, refrigerator magnets and bubble bath, I can't agree more with Linda. My best gifts have been gift certificates to book stores. One family even asked if they coud rake my leaves in the fall ! And another child's parents offered me ths use of their condo in the mountains for working with their son after school when I said I woudn't take their money. Gift certificates for massages are popular and much appreciated, too. (11/20/2004)

By Catalinita

Gifts for Teachers

This year I bought these wonderfully beautiful apples (that were so big that some wouldn't even fit into the little fall festive celophane baggies I had bought to place them in) and wrapped each one. I printed off cards to place tied with raffia around each baggie. The apples weren't bought necessarily because of the apple/teacher thing, but because of the festive season.

"Mrs. Johnson,

I am thankful that you are my teacher. I hope that you have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving.

Sincerely,
Susie"

Each card had a festive picture on it as well. The teachers were so grateful and not only thanked my kids, but thanked me as well.

I did something similar for the ladies in my Bible study group. I bought a spice cake mix and made cupcakes. I lightly sprinkled powdered sugar on top and wrapped them in the same festive celophane baggies with similar notes of thanks. They were a hit! (11/27/2004)

By Princess Frogee

Gifts for Teachers

I agree. A more unique idea for gifts that a lot of people on the fishinfordeals forum suggested were these coffee favors from http://www.coffeeink.com. i purchasd some for my daughter and son's teachers and they really loved it. I'm not a teacher, but I think we all get too much candy and bubble bath. (01/01/2005)

By Lisa P.

Valentine's Day Bookmark
Valentine's Day Bookmark Ideas
Scrapbooking
Making Scrapbooks for Your Students
Three Teacher Pencil Box ideas
Homemade Gift Ideas For Teachers
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts
🎄