Glass Block Lights

My husband and I have just returned from 5 weeks in the US. Whilst there, we saw the beautiful glass block lights available. We would like to start making them.

We have access to the glass blocks and the LED lights, but would also like to get some ideas for how we can get decorative pieces, ie. ribbons, bows etc. We can't seem to source appropriate ideas/products here in Australia. Can someone point me in the right direction?

By Denise in Oz from Qld, Australia

Answers:

Glass Block Lights

We received several different types of glass blocks as gifts a couple of years ago. Two of them came from the same family. They used stencils (that they copied and cut out) and did some sandblasting to form an etched look. Then they used wide ribbon (same width as block edge) and tied up. The other ones came with light inside (drilled hole in bottom) and also had a ribbon tied. They looked like packages. I really like the 'etched' ones because they didn't look so Christmassy and they could stay out all year. Good luck in this venture. (04/07/2009)

By batmenj_5

Glass Block Lights

Hi Denise, this is a great craft idea. If you look on this site you can find a wealth of ideas, pictures, and tips on how to decorate the glass blocks. I made my first one last Christmas and gave it to my older sister. She loved it and in fact, is displaying it year round in her living room. Have fun and enjoy this awesome craft idea! Nancy (04/09/2009)

By Rookie Crafter