Glasses Are Cloudy From Dishwasher

Does anyone know how to get clear glasses after using a dishwasher? They always end up cloudy. I've tried vinegar with poor results.

Diane from PA

Answers:

Glasses Are Cloudy From Dishwasher

Try some Jet Dry in your dishwasher. Check your "Use and Care" manual to find the dispenser. (04/25/2008)

By DebraJ.

Glasses Are Cloudy From Dishwasher

Use white vinegar in the dispenser for, not the one for detergent, the other one. (04/25/2008)

By woofey

Glasses Are Cloudy From Dishwasher

Lately I have been using the Jet Dry "baskets" in my dishwasher. This is after I got all the white residue off with a calcium remover. I use the "Works Disinfecting Toilet Bowl" cleaner. It is the best calcium and rust remover I have ever used and it is pretty cheap. (04/25/2008)

By Gretta

Glasses Are Cloudy From Dishwasher

If they are cloudy from hard water, the vinegar should work. However, sometimes it is the type of soap you are using. Switch to a different kind, and see if that helps. I have found that I have had to use a different soap in every different place that I have lived. Also, some glassware is worse than others for this, so sometimes it is the type of glassware plus the type of soap. (04/25/2008)

By louel53

Glasses Are Cloudy From Dishwasher

Hopefully your cloudy glasses are just a result of water spotting. However, it's possible that your glasses have "etching" which happens frequently to clear glass in dishwashers. I learned the hard way that there is no remedy, as the glass itself is permanently damaged. I now wash all glasses and clear glass dishes by hand. (04/26/2008)

Glasses Are Cloudy From Dishwasher

I fought with cloudy glasses and soap build up for over 8 years. Then I discovered Lemi-Shine. My glasses actually sparkle now and there is no soap build-up. I fill pre-wash cup 1/2 full of detergent and the wash cup 1/2 full of Lemi-Shine. That's what directions say to do and it works great. (08/06/2008)

By Kathy