AdviceCrafts

Gluing Glass to Terracotta

I want to glue large pieces such as terracotta vases to glass plates that will withstand being outdoors. What is the best glue for this purpose?

By Cathy V

Hi Cathy V.!

I've done several garden flowers that I made with dishes and I've had great success with GE Premium Waterproof Silicone. It is 3 hour rain ready and is sun/freeze-proof. The tube reads that it is permanently waterproof, flexible, and shrink/crack proof. It comes in a white colored caulking type tube that has blue and gold printing but you'll need to get a caulking gun if you don't already have one. This stuff works like a charm. My garden stakes have been outside since April of last year and I haven't had to re-glue them yet.

I live in Colorado and since putting them out, we've seen temps that have ranged from as high as 102* and down to as low as -23*. It's almost a year now, and they still look great (no yellowing or cracking). Now, I have seen some other gals using a 3M product but it was too pricey for my pocketbook. This GE product I use comes in a larger tube (more product), provides an excellent bond, and the price is right. I highly recommend it, so go get creative and have fun.