Grass Clippings Getting Stuck In Crocs

I have worn a pair of Crocs all summer and love them. I know the cheap reproductions of the original Crocs are not the same. However, the only problem I have is when I walk in the grass I get grass clippings inside through the holes. The grass is dry and picks my feet like needles. I think the rubber causes static and attracts the grass. It sticks to the rubber and has to be brushed, washed or shaken out. It has to be done very often and it's bothersome to do so. Has anyone else come across this problem?

Donna from Millbury, OH

Answers:

Grass Clippings Getting Stuck In Crocs

I can't believe what I read -- I have that problem all the time. My husband thinks I'm like the Princess in the story, "The Princess and the Pea". When I show him the shoe, he can't believe me when I say how annoying it is.

It only takes a few dried pieces of grass and I go crazy. I try not to walk on grass if I can help it. But when I do, I automatically take them off and give them a good shake. I'm thinking of keeping some sort of brush, maybe like a baby bottle brush, on hand to clean them out.

I don't want to stop wearing them since they are so comfortable. My husband can't believe I want another pair but I really do like them.

I don't know what's causing this problem, but if anyone knows a solution, please let us know. Just thought of something -- I have a generic pair and I don't have this problem. I wonder why? They are basically the same style as the Crocs, just cheaper in price. But the Crocs are more comfortable when they are grass-free, that is. (09/11/2007)

By Laura

Grass Clippings Getting Stuck In Crocs

I too have this crazy problem. What if we wiped them down with fabric softener sheets? I may have to try this. Any other suggestions? (09/11/2007)

By angelage902

Grass Clippings Getting Stuck In Crocs

I cannot believe I found someone out there with that problem too. I am going to contact the company. I also have a brush I use to brush them out quick. Or rinse under the faucet. I wonder why the generic ones aren't like that? I do love them. I want several more. They come in sandals and thongs. I like the shoe type. (09/12/2007)

By Sewing Granny

Grass Clippings Getting Stuck In Crocs
Grass Clippings On Sidewalk
Using Grass Clippings That Have Weed Killer On Them
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Johnson Grass
Getting Rid of Johnson Grass
🎄