Decoupaging With Newspaper Clippings?

Category Decoupage
Decoupage is a traditional way to adhere paper to a smooth surface and newspaper clippings are a popular choice. This is a page about decoupaging with newspaper clippings.

I'm going to be decoupaging a cheap old table with newspaper clippings. I'm concerned that the reverse of each clipping might show through once I have decoupaged them to the table.

What sort of surface should I mount these on to minimize any effects of them being translucent - a dark surface or a light surface?

In other words, might it be better to paint the table black or to paint the table white before starting the project?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Answers

Best Answer

Ted, why don't you take a piece of cardboard and paint half of it black and the other half white. Do a test decoupage on both sides and decide which one works the best.

I do a lot of decoupage and some paper is fine as it is. However some magazine paper and newspaper needs sealing on the back before using. This solves the problem you are having.

Crafts DecoupageMarch 26, 2018
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Decoupaging-With-Newspaper-Clippings.html