Decoupaging Photos on Wood
You can make a personal piece of home decor or a special gift by decoupaging photos onto wooden objects. This is a page about decoupaging photos on wood.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Decoupage is an easy way to place a photo on a wood surface.
Total Time: More than 24 hours
Source: This is a Martha Stewart Product
- One photo printed on "regular" copy paper. Do NOT use a photograph printed on anything but copy paper!
- wax paper
- Martha Stewart Decoupage (There is one for light surfaces and one for dark surfaces. Choose according to what you are placing your photo on.)
- Rustoleum Ultra Cover Clear Gloss
- Print out your photo.
- Cut photo and lay right side up on wax paper.
- Spread decoupage evenly over the surface of the photo.
- Turn upside down (decoupage down on wooden surface) If you use something with a word, take this into consideration!
- Wait 24 hours.
- Use a sponge and water to wipe off the paper and the photo will appear.
- Spray the clear Rustoeum over the wooden surface.
- I would suggest trying this on a scrap piece of wood first. You will be pleased with the results of even your first attempt. As you can see, I used a lazy Susan and will be a welcome gift.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.