How to Decoupage Photos Onto a Wood Letter
Print our your photos in black and white or color and then follow the steps in this page to decoupage them onto a wood letter or box. This page explains how to decoupage photos onto a wood letter
including step by step photos.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
August 14, 2015
I've seen a few examples of this project on Pinterest and couldn't wait to make one of my own. It's a real statement piece, but it doesn't cost a lot to make. You can use black and white pictures or pictures in color, depending on your preference. You could also use this method to cover a wood picture box or something else you would like to display your pictures.
Total Time: An hour or more
Yield: 1 letter
- 1 13 inch tall wood letter from the craft store (This one was on sale.) ($3)
- background paint in your choice of color (I used black to go with the black and white pictures.)
- pictures (I had these printed out as a collage print, with 4 pictures each on a 4 x 6 inch picture.) ($3 total for all the collages.)
- Modge Podge (I mix half white glue and half water.)
- paint brush or foam brush
- Paint your wood letter in the color of your choice. I had placed all the pictures on the letter first and then had to remove them all to paint the letter. Learn from my mistakes! :) I painted 2 coats on the letter. Allow the paint to dry.
- Place your pictures on the letter. This is the trickiest part. It takes a while to get them on there the way you would like. Just keep working with it til you like the arrangement.
- Trim the pictures as needed to make them fit on your letter.
- Apply the modge podge to the back of the picture and stick it on your letter.
- Once done, let the letter dry. Then apply a clear sealant to the top and sides of the letter. I love Liquitex gloss varnish because it's not sticky and it's durable. But, you could use a spray sealant of your choice.
- Display your letter.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.