How to Decoupage Photos Onto a Wood Letter

Category Decoupage
completed letter
Print our your photos in black and white or color and then follow the steps in this page to decoupage them onto a wood letter or box. This page explains how to decoupage photos onto a wood letter including step by step photos.

I've seen a few examples of this project on Pinterest and couldn't wait to make one of my own. It's a real statement piece, but it doesn't cost a lot to make. You can use black and white pictures or pictures in color, depending on your preference. You could also use this method to cover a wood picture box or something else you would like to display your pictures.

Total Time: An hour or more

Yield: 1 letter

Source: Pinterest

completed letter

• 1 13 inch tall wood letter from the craft store (This one was on sale.) ($3)
  • background paint in your choice of color (I used black to go with the black and white pictures.)
  • pictures (I had these printed out as a collage print, with 4 pictures each on a 4 x 6 inch picture.) ($3 total for all the collages.)
  • Modge Podge (I mix half white glue and half water.)
  • paint brush or foam brush
  • sealant
  • scissors
Decoupage Photos Onto Wood Letter

1. Paint your wood letter in the color of your choice. I had placed all the pictures on the letter first and then had to remove them all to paint the letter. Learn from my mistakes! :) I painted 2 coats on the letter. Allow the paint to dry.
  2. Decoupage Photos Onto Wood Letter
    Decoupage Photos Onto Wood Letter
  3. Place your pictures on the letter. This is the trickiest part. It takes a while to get them on there the way you would like. Just keep working with it til you like the arrangement.
  4. Decoupage Photos Onto Wood Letter
  5. Trim the pictures as needed to make them fit on your letter.
  6. Advertisement

7. Apply the modge podge to the back of the picture and stick it on your letter.
  8. Once done, let the letter dry. Then apply a clear sealant to the top and sides of the letter. I love Liquitex gloss varnish because it's not sticky and it's durable. But, you could use a spray sealant of your choice.
  9. Display your letter.

Cute! Like the little feet at the bottom of the letter...

Very cute!

Those are really cute. Great job!

Crafts DecoupageApril 12, 2019
🌻
🎃
🎂