How to Mod Podge Cardstock Prints to Canvas
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
May 23, 2017
Canvas paintings are very popular right now! You can easily turn a printed image on cardstock (of your choice) into a canvas and display it nicely on your mantle or on your wall.
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Mod Podge
- acrylic paint
- sponge brush
- Print out the picture or phrase you would like on cardstock and trim the cardstock paper smaller than your canvas. I used a 5 by 7 canvas.
- Add masking tape to create a frame (it is your preference how thick you would like your border to be).
- Using the paint brush, paint with your choice of acrylic paint for the border if you would like - I used gold. Allow to dry for 10 minutes.
- When your paint seems to be dry, peel of the masking tape.
- Using the sponge brush - apply Mod Podge to the white center of the canvas where your printed cardstock will go. Center your cardstock image down and press down.
- Using the sponge brush again, apply a nice thin layer of Mod Podge which will seal your photo.
- Allow to dry for 20 minutes, or more - the longer the better.
- Ready to hang your canvas or rest on your mantle, desk, etc. Perfect to gift also!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.