Use Mod Podge to Preserve Play Doh Creations

Category Sculpture
Play Doh is designed to be used over and over again, but special sculptures can be preserved with a layer of clear Mod Podge. This is a guide about use Mod Podge to preserve Play Doh creations.

I like so save some of the Play Doh creations we make. When the finished product is relatively small and not too thick, it saves great when covered with two coatings of extra glossy Modge Podge. It takes about three days for the Play Doh to dry and three days per coating of Modge Podge extra glossy.

I enjoy keeping little treasures about the house. I now have it hanging up in the living room :)

I made a play dough pendant and covered it with gloss mod podge. When it's completely dry, is it safe to put in the oven to harden the dough, or do I need to do that process before covering it with mod podge?

Thank you, I can't find any info about this anywhere!

Answers

I would contact customer service and ask them. plaidonline.com/.../mod-podge

I would not bake Play-Doh or ModgePodge....but that is just me because I am VERY sensitive to smells. Even though the manufacture (Hasbro) says Play-Doh is made mostly of natural items (I have never found a definitive answer to exactly what is in ModgePodge besides "glue and water")...I would be nervous that baking either item or both together would emit a smell that could make me sick.

By the way, the Hasbro website does not recommend baking Play-Doh because when it hardens it cracks. The link is playdoh.hasbro.com/.../faq

There are lots of natural recipes out there for homemade clays that are safe to bake. The kids in our world are all grown now, but I remember it being pretty basic with salt, flour, oil, water and food coloring. Recipes varied based on how much you wanted to make.