Storing Newspaper Clippings
I promise this works.
- one quart of club soda, any brand
- one tablespoon Milk of Magnesia, any kind
- Stir this together in a glass or plastic pan. Now breathe.
- Put your newspaper clipping in to soak for one hour.
- Dry on a paper towel. This removes the acid in the paper and keeps it from yellowing and deteriorating and makes an instant heirloom.
Editor's Note: Thanks for sharing this Ardis, I have not heard this tip. It would be best to test this on an unwanted newspaper clipping before you try it on a treasured one.Read More Comments
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
August 4, 2011
To save newspaper cuttings, try using acid free tissue paper. Layer items that you want to keep between sheets of the paper, then put into a clear plastic wallet and store in a folder.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun. Desktop Page | View Mobile
Generated 2023-03-06 18:10:40 in 3 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.