Finding the Value of Cathay Collection Porcelain Dolls

Category Dolls
This popular doll manufacturer makes many different styles and nationalities of porcelain dolls. This is a guide about finding the value of Cathay Collection porcelain dolls.

I have a 15 inch white baby angel lying in its stomach with its head turned towards her left shoulder, hands and feet extended, blond hair, hazel eyes, mouth slightly parted with tongue slightly sticking out, white sash crown and pink flower/lavender ribbons on left side of head, lavender outfit and wings. Please tell me the value of this doll.

Answers

Best Answer

An easy online search for "porcelain doll values" will produce many answers. Keep in mind that just because a doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value as most are mass produced in the thousands and very often include the term limited edition in their names.

A doll's condition is extremely important in considering value-the best doll prices are paid for dolls literally never removed from their boxes. You can find prices for some Cathay dolls on EBay listed $6.00 to $150.00. This site is a good place to start for more values:

collectdolls.about.com/.../blgallp.htm

I have three Cathay Native American dolls, #570, #202 & #1703. Can you tell me their worth?

Answers

Best Answer

No, but I can give you a link to find out more about these attractive dolls.
nmai.si.edu/.../SiYC_Dolls.pdf
As to value, there would be no fixed price. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the sales of similar dolls, say eBay or other on-line sites, and gather an idea from them. Good luck!

I have a Cathay Collection porcelain doll, it is in great condition, has never been used and has been sitting in a closet for years. It came with a certificate of authenticity, stating it is limited edition. It also says it is number 78 out of 5,000, and it says the doll's name is "Vanessa" and has a certified signature. Does anyone know if this doll is worth anything? Or where I can find out more about the value, about it, or something? I can't find anything on the internet about it. Thank you

By Alex

Answers

Best Answer

5000 is a lot of dolls. This doll is neither old nor rare, so it has little to no value.

I have a 42" Cathay Collection porcelain doll. How can I identify this doll? I do not see a tag or certificate in the box. Are there any markings or stamped info on the doll itself? I have searched hundreds of images on the internet.
Thanks :)

Answers

This is a very large doll. The prices on eBay range from $200 to $600. This is the asking price, not the selling price.

Interesting and quite lovely. I never knew Cathay to make a 42 inch doll, but the stores I sold these in did not always have floor space for big dolls, so i am much more familiar with the smaller dolls.

Cathay did not "name" all of their dolls, so I am not sure if your girley ever had a formal name. That she doesn't have a number somewhere (under her hair or on her tush or feet) is unusual, but I have seen some without a name.

It all looks authentic so I don't think anyone did the old switcheroo, that we used to see all the time in some of the stores I worked in, where people would try to put an expensive doll in the cheap doll box hoping that the check out gal would be clueless and they would get a bargain.

I have not tried this company yet and it is hard to tell if it is the original Cathay or someone using the name...but you could see if this company can help you figure out exactly who you have:

cathaydoll.com/

If you are tying to sell her down the road and she was supposed to come with a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) and yours doesn't, that will devalue her some.

I hope she is one of the few tall dolls that still has value.

Sadly most tall dolls lately are fetching a whopping 0 dollars on most sites. They are too big and since that lady started her Netflix show about downsizing and does it "spark joy", people have been glutting the market with every size and shape of doll imaginable because they no longer spark the joy that the cold hard cash they spent for them would give them This has driven the already saturated doll market (for sale) SKY HIGH and the prices are WAY, WAY, WAY LOW.

Sad.

Post back if the company link I have you offered any help. I am so curious about this one.

Blessings.

Hi and thank you...I didn't want to unwrap the doll at all but I did lift it up enough to look on the back of her head/neck area and saw the 1 5000 mark...I may carefully detach her from the cardboard to look for the other areas you mentioned that may have markings and then reattach the packing wires holding her in there until I can ID her better :)

Thank you :)

The numbers tell she is a series doll and that she may be one of the 5000 made. Usually in dolls the one does not give it a higher value. Please continue to post back with any other info!

I found my old doll and I am trying to figure out how much she is worth.

Answers

This looks like your lovely gal!! She just sold on eBay for $12.00 plus shipping.

www.ebay.com/.../183625084061?hash=item2ac0e86c9d...

That would be today's current market value.

If there are more that match her exactly, you would need to average the price to get an average value.

I wish they sold for more, but there were just too many of them made.

Thanks for sharing!!

Cathay Collection dolls are mass-produced and lose value as time goes on. Most of them sell in the $15 range.

I am looking for how much she's worth and any more info about her. Anything will be helpful.

Answers

Cathay collection dolls are mass produced. They are usually worth $25 or less. If this is a larger doll, it may be $35 to $50.

There are about 500 Cathay Porcelain dolls presently listed on eBay so without more information it will be difficult to provide very much information.
Your certificate is too small and blurred to read so please provide more information.

Post back with anything that is written on the certificate (a large picture of the certificate would be good). Provide pictures of any markings on her back or neck also.
List anything you know about her and especially her height (very important).
Pictures of her box might be of benefit also.

Without knowing anything about your doll I can only show a doll that may be similar that is presently listed on eBay (she appears to be smaller than your doll and size makes a big difference in present value).

www.ebay.com/.../262855074871?hash=item3d33622437...!34479!US!-1

What is this porcelain doll worth? It's from the Cathay Depot Collection. The doll's name is Lily.

Answers

This is another doll that was mass-produced and not worth more than $25.

I am not seeing any matching her exactly on eBay or online, but that doesn't mean she is rare, just that she has not come up today for sale. The market changes daily, so tomorrow there could be bunches of them!

The best way to find her exact value is to check back to eBay or Google weekly and find the identical lovely that has SOLD, DO NOT USE asking prices to value your dolls. Sold tells you exactly what someone will pay for your doll.

The reason it is so important to find an exact match is most dolls have not held their value, but there are a few ringers out there that have and you want to know exactly how much your doll is worth in today's market. Finding a sold example is the only way to know this.

Good luck! Let me know when you find it!