Finding the Value of Cathay Collection Porcelain Dolls

Category Dolls
This popular doll manufacturer makes many different styles and nationalities of porcelain dolls. This is a guide about finding the value of Cathay Collection porcelain dolls.

I have a 15 inch white baby angel lying in its stomach with its head turned towards her left shoulder, hands and feet extended, blond hair, hazel eyes, mouth slightly parted with tongue slightly sticking out, white sash crown and pink flower/lavender ribbons on left side of head, lavender outfit and wings. Please tell me the value of this doll.

Answers

Best Answer

An easy online search for "porcelain doll values" will produce many answers. Keep in mind that just because a doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value as most are mass produced in the thousands and very often include the term limited edition in their names.

A doll's condition is extremely important in considering value-the best doll prices are paid for dolls literally never removed from their boxes. You can find prices for some Cathay dolls on EBay listed $6.00 to $150.00. This site is a good place to start for more values:

collectdolls.about.com/.../blgallp.htm

I have three Cathay Native American dolls, #570, #202 & #1703. Can you tell me their worth?

Answers

Best Answer

No, but I can give you a link to find out more about these attractive dolls.
nmai.si.edu/.../SiYC_Dolls.pdf
As to value, there would be no fixed price. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the sales of similar dolls, say eBay or other on-line sites, and gather an idea from them. Good luck!

I have a Cathay Collection porcelain doll, it is in great condition, has never been used and has been sitting in a closet for years. It came with a certificate of authenticity, stating it is limited edition. It also says it is number 78 out of 5,000, and it says the doll's name is "Vanessa" and has a certified signature. Does anyone know if this doll is worth anything? Or where I can find out more about the value, about it, or something? I can't find anything on the internet about it. Thank you

By Alex

Answers

Best Answer

5000 is a lot of dolls. This doll is neither old nor rare, so it has little to no value.

What is this porcelain doll worth? It's from the Cathay Depot Collection. The doll's name is Lily.

Answers

This is another doll that was mass-produced and not worth more than $25.

I am not seeing any matching her exactly on eBay or online, but that doesn't mean she is rare, just that she has not come up today for sale. The market changes daily, so tomorrow there could be bunches of them!

The best way to find her exact value is to check back to eBay or Google weekly and find the identical lovely that has SOLD, DO NOT USE asking prices to value your dolls. Sold tells you exactly what someone will pay for your doll.

The reason it is so important to find an exact match is most dolls have not held their value, but there are a few ringers out there that have and you want to know exactly how much your doll is worth in today's market. Finding a sold example is the only way to know this.

Good luck! Let me know when you find it!