Finding the Value of Cathay Collection Porcelain Dolls?

I have a Cathay doll. She is crouching down. It's got number one out of 5000. It's been taken out of the box. What would it be worth? Her name is Lisa.

Answers

Best Answer

Your doll looks like she may have wings?
No box? COA with name? the number 1 - 5000 was used on a large number of their dolls and it only means she is one doll out of 5000 made (not number one doll).

I did not find her on eBay listings for sale or on their sold listings but that is not unusual as there are many similar dolls.
Lisa was a popular name and several companies made dolls with this name - Cathay made several different dolls using the same name - Lisa.

You can look at the Cathay dolls on eBay but only a sold - identical doll would give you a current value. This will be difficult to find as I did not see this doll on any site - for sale or sold. This does not mean she is rare or more collectible.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313...

You can look at sold listings to see what people are paying for similar dolls made by Cathay. Larger dolls usually always sell for more money.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Cathay+porcelain...

Here is a 'shopping' site that has a lot of Cathay dolls listed for sale so you might look for your doll on this site.
Dolls are very slow sellers and even if you were asking less than $25 it may not sell in a year or you may be lucky and someone comes along and likes your doll. Selling items is never a sure thing.

www.google.com/search?q=cathay+porcelain+doll+lisa...

Best Answer

There are so many dolls listed online these days and they can sit there for months on end and never sell. A lot of seller will cancel their listing because of this. Currently the price of dolls is so low and listing them online is not a great idea. I would consider listing the doll locally in your area to avoid shipping cost. You can start out with $25 to see if anyone is interested. If not start to lower the price of the doll until you can find a person that is interested in buying the doll from you. Most people are not receiving more than $5-15 for dolls right now.

Answer this Question

21 More Questions

I have a doll that comes in a suitcase with 2 extra dresses on a hanger. It is from the Cathay Depot Collection dolls. Its name is Elizabeth Kristina.

I could not find it on the internet and am wondering what the value of doll is. Here are some pictures.

Answers

Best Answer

Currently, these dolls are not selling for a lot of money. It appears people are listing them from $5 to around $20. There are a few that list a little higher but none of them are selling right now. People are not interested in buying dolls for their children because all the kids want these days are electronics.

Best Answer

I am not surprised that you can't find the exact gal online. Most sellers truly have no clue how to list dolls and list them with titles so vague and unclear that someone who wants something has to search through thousands to find what he/she wants.

I have found these dolls over the years with titles as vague as blonde doll with case. UGH! I checked 4-5 ways today and there is one that is a brunette that sold on WorthPoint, but I don't have a Worthpoint membership any more so I can't get the sold value. Often you can work around WorthPoint, but this time I can't find the sold price with any of my back door sites.

I can tell you as a reseller, that the Cathay dolls have not held their value in the resale market. I have seen them sell as low as .99 cents and has high as $30.00. I sold these dolls in many retail markets in the day for big bucks...it is sad that they have lost so much of their original value.

If she was mine and because the case is so nice, I would start my eBay sale at $50 and take best offer, which I would accept as low as $8 plus shipping.

Be sure to package her very, very carefully as she is quite fragile and the case also can be crushed easily. I suggest double boxing it.

Post back how your sale goes!

Answer this Question

I have a 15 inch white baby angel lying in its stomach with its head turned towards her left shoulder, hands and feet extended, blond hair, hazel eyes, mouth slightly parted with tongue slightly sticking out, white sash crown and pink flower/lavender ribbons on left side of head, lavender outfit and wings. Please tell me the value of this doll.

Answers

Best Answer

An easy online search for "porcelain doll values" will produce many answers. Keep in mind that just because a doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value as most are mass produced in the thousands and very often include the term limited edition in their names. A doll's condition is extremely important in considering value-the best doll prices are paid for dolls literally never removed from their boxes. You can find prices for some Cathay dolls on EBay listed $6.00 to $150.00. This site is a good place to start for more values:

collectdolls.about.com/.../blgallp.htm

Answer this Question

I have three Cathay Native American dolls, #570, #202 & #1703. Can you tell me their worth?

Answers

Best Answer

No, but I can give you a link to find out more about these attractive dolls.
nmai.si.edu/.../SiYC_Dolls.pdf
As to value, there would be no fixed price. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the sales of similar dolls, say eBay or other on-line sites, and gather an idea from them. Good luck!

Answer this Question

I have a Cathay Collection porcelain doll, it is in great condition, has never been used and has been sitting in a closet for years. It came with a certificate of authenticity, stating it is limited edition. It also says it is number 78 out of 5,000, and it says the doll's name is "Vanessa" and has a certified signature. Does anyone know if this doll is worth anything? Or where I can find out more about the value, about it, or something? I can't find anything on the internet about it. Thank you

By Alex

Answers

Best Answer

5000 is a lot of dolls. This doll is neither old nor rare, so it has little to no value.

Answer this Question

I am trying to find the value of Cathay Collection porcelain Anna Doll 1-5000. Does anyone know the value of this doll? I'm not finding it anywhere online.

Answers

Value of your doll:

1. Every single doll that is listed on eBay claims it is 1 - 5000.
  2. I think this is very misleading and many of the dolls are the same.
  3. However, most of the dolls start selling at $10 to $80.
  4. Many doll certificates are so misleading and they claim they are limited editions.
  5. However, these dolls are mass produced and sold by the thousands.
  6. I would estimate that your doll is worty around $30 to $40 only.

These dolls are mass-produced. Your doll is one of 5000. They also were recently made. For those reasons, they are not worth much, even if never taken out of the box.

My mom has a Kaitlyn doll that's #81-5000 made by Cathay Collection. Certificate and box and everything. She's a little Indian doll. Can't find her online anywhere...but similiar dolls go for $10-$50.00

Anonymous

I have the same Indian doll! Never out of the box and has the birth certificate!

I love your doll, now I recently bought from an acquaintance the Edna, and I want to know when she was made. But I guess these dolls costs maybe around 20-80$plus its value, like how old it is.

Trying to figure out if this Cathay Collection doll, has any value JSC-30033B, NJSF

I have a Cathay Collection porcelain doll 20995. What is this worth? It is still in box, wrapped up, and in good condition.

Answers

Best Answer

Dolls of any brand/size/etc are not selling for very much money so even if your doll is new in the box, the value will probably be very low.
Current value is determined by the selling price of an identical item as it shows what someone was willing to pay for that item.
I found a doll like yours has recently sold on eBay for $7.77 so that would be considered the current value for your doll.
www.ebay.com/.../174486582957?hash=item28a035f6ad...

The average price that dolls like this are selling for is usually between $5-$25 plus shipping but the other problem is how long it may take to sell any doll and that could be months to years.

You may occasionally see larger/taller dolls selling for more money but still slow sellers.

Answer this Question

I no longer have a space to put this girl and am looking to sell her. I have found nothing about her anywhere. There is only her and the hat. There is a 1 out of 5000 stamp on the back of her neck.

On the back of her head there is a set of numbers, 85091B/4. If anyone can help me out, it would be appreciated.

I have submitted photos of my doll. I can't find her on any sites. Can you help? 1-5000

I have a late 90s or early 2000 large Royal Cathay porcelain doll #1004 named Greg. It was never removed from the box.

I just opened the top lid for the certificate. What is he worth?

Please.:)

I have a Cathay collection native doll number 233I. I want to know if my doll is worth anything.

I want to find out how much this Cathay Collection doll, 1-5000, is worth and her name. She's in perfect condition and she has the stamp on the back of her neck.

She has red curly hair and eyelashes.

I have a Royal Cathay Doll. She is 12 inches tall has brunette hair, brown eyes, and plays a tune when her tummy is mashed. It has 1358-5000 on the back. I do not know anything about it. I was hoping you could shed some light on her.
Thank you.

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsSeptember 20, 2018
🐰
🐛
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-the-Value-of-Cathay-Collection-Porcelain-Dolls.html