Finding the Value of Cathay Collection Porcelain Dolls

Category Dolls
This popular doll manufacturer makes many different styles and nationalities of porcelain dolls. This is a page about finding the value of Cathay Collection porcelain dolls.

I have a 15 inch white baby angel lying in its stomach with its head turned towards her left shoulder, hands and feet extended, blond hair, hazel eyes, mouth slightly parted with tongue slightly sticking out, white sash crown and pink flower/lavender ribbons on left side of head, lavender outfit and wings. Please tell me the value of this doll.

Answers

Best Answer

An easy online search for "porcelain doll values" will produce many answers. Keep in mind that just because a doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value as most are mass produced in the thousands and very often include the term limited edition in their names.

A doll's condition is extremely important in considering value-the best doll prices are paid for dolls literally never removed from their boxes. You can find prices for some Cathay dolls on EBay listed $6.00 to $150.00. This site is a good place to start for more values:

collectdolls.about.com/.../blgallp.htm

I have three Cathay Native American dolls, #570, #202 & #1703. Can you tell me their worth?

Answers

Best Answer

No, but I can give you a link to find out more about these attractive dolls.
nmai.si.edu/.../SiYC_Dolls.pdf
As to value, there would be no fixed price. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the sales of similar dolls, say eBay or other on-line sites, and gather an idea from them. Good luck!

I have a Cathay Collection porcelain doll, it is in great condition, has never been used and has been sitting in a closet for years. It came with a certificate of authenticity, stating it is limited edition. It also says it is number 78 out of 5,000, and it says the doll's name is "Vanessa" and has a certified signature. Does anyone know if this doll is worth anything? Or where I can find out more about the value, about it, or something? I can't find anything on the internet about it. Thank you

By Alex

Answers

Best Answer

5000 is a lot of dolls. This doll is neither old nor rare, so it has little to no value.

I am trying to find the value of Cathay Collection porcelain Anna Doll 1-5000. Does anyone know the value of this doll? I'm not finding it anywhere online.

Answers

Value of your doll:

1. Every single doll that is listed on eBay claims it is 1 - 5000.
  2. Advertisement

3. I think this is very misleading and many of the dolls are the same.
  4. However, most of the dolls start selling at $10 to $80.
  5. Many doll certificates are so misleading and they claim they are limited editions.
  6. However, these dolls are mass produced and sold by the thousands.
  7. I would estimate that your doll is worty around $30 to $40 only.

These dolls are mass-produced. Your doll is one of 5000. They also were recently made. For those reasons, they are not worth much, even if never taken out of the box.

My mom has a Kaitlyn doll that's #81-5000 made by Cathay Collection. Certificate and box and everything. She's a little Indian doll. Can't find her online anywhere...but similiar dolls go for $10-$50.00

Our doll is life size clothing looks hand made her shoes are painted on she looks expensive

Anonymous

I have the same Indian doll! Never out of the box and has the birth certificate!

I love your doll, now I recently bought from an acquaintance the Edna, and I want to know when she was made. But I guess these dolls costs maybe around 20-80$plus its value, like how old it is.

Trying to figure out if this Cathay Collection doll, has any value JSC-30033B, NJSF

How do you know what the dolls name is if you dont have the box or certificate? I found a swinging doll with dark brown/almost auburn hair. All it says is Cathay 1-5000 on the back of its neck. Thanks.

I want to find out how much this Cathay Collection doll, 1-5000, is worth and her name. She's in perfect condition and she has the stamp on the back of her neck.

She has red curly hair and eyelashes.

I have a late 90s or early 2000 large Royal Cathay porcelain doll #1004 named Greg. It was never removed from the box.

I just opened the top lid for the certificate. What is he worth?

Please.:)

I have the Cathy Collection porcelain doll. She is 1 of 5000; I have number 104. It is practically brand-new and I am wondering what it is worth?

Answers

These dolls are mass-produced, and the regular-sized ones are $25 or less. A large doll could get $50.

I received a Cathay Collection porcelain doll when my grandmother passed away. It's number 1400 of the 1-5000 collection. There is an engraving on the neck that has the letters NISI. Just curious to know how much it may be worth.

Answers

Can you tell me her size? Is she 16 inches? Is the hair red or blonde? Also, do you know her name...meaning is she one of the fairy series...box, papers, certificate of authenticity?

There are lots of similar dolls but I would need the additional info to give you a good estimate. As a series of 5,000 while limited, there is often more supply than demand which drives prices down. Some still have high demand, which keeps prices up. Just wanted to be sure I am getting you an apples to apples estimate.

Also, was she played with? Original clothes? Does she have any flaws? Condition matters a lot with dolls. I would like to help with more info!

Here are some similar ones online you can try matching up:

www.ebay.com/.../cathay-collection-1-5000

This is a mass-produced doll. There are 5000 of them. It is worth $25 or even less.

I would do a search on "Google" putting all the info. you have. Or check on eBay to see if your doll is listed for sale to get a general idea on how much it is worth.

I have a Royal Cathay Doll. She is 12 inches tall has brunette hair, brown eyes, and plays a tune when her tummy is mashed. It has 1358-5000 on the back. I do not know anything about it. I was hoping you could shed some light on her.
Thank you.

The doll has never been out of box. It says 0012 -5000. The name is Davinder. I also have 2 more named Gracielia. They are in boxes and have never been unwrapped. I would like to know their value.

I found my old doll and I am trying to figure out how much she is worth.

I am looking for how much she's worth and any more info about her. Anything will be helpful.

Answers

Cathay collection dolls are mass produced. They are usually worth $25 or less. If this is a larger doll, it may be $35 to $50.

There are about 500 Cathay Porcelain dolls presently listed on eBay so without more information it will be difficult to provide very much information.
Your certificate is too small and blurred to read so please provide more information.

Post back with anything that is written on the certificate (a large picture of the certificate would be good). Provide pictures of any markings on her back or neck also.
List anything you know about her and especially her height (very important).
Pictures of her box might be of benefit also.

Without knowing anything about your doll I can only show a doll that may be similar that is presently listed on eBay (she appears to be smaller than your doll and size makes a big difference in present value).

www.ebay.com/.../262855074871?hash=item3d33622437...!34479!US!-1

What is this porcelain doll worth? It's from the Cathay Depot Collection. The doll's name is Lily.

Answers

This is another doll that was mass-produced and not worth more than $25.

I am not seeing any matching her exactly on eBay or online, but that doesn't mean she is rare, just that she has not come up today for sale. The market changes daily, so tomorrow there could be bunches of them!

The best way to find her exact value is to check back to eBay or Google weekly and find the identical lovely that has SOLD, DO NOT USE asking prices to value your dolls. Sold tells you exactly what someone will pay for your doll.

The reason it is so important to find an exact match is most dolls have not held their value, but there are a few ringers out there that have and you want to know exactly how much your doll is worth in today's market. Finding a sold example is the only way to know this.

Good luck! Let me know when you find it!

I am trying to find the value of a Cathay Collection "Natalie" Indian doll. The number is 52/500.

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsSeptember 20, 2018
🎃