Value of Collector's Choice Porcelain Dolls?

Category Dolls
Many people collect porcelain dolls or have been left a collection. The value of these dolls ranges widely, with many of them not having a significant value and others being valuable collector's pieces. This is a page about determining the value of Collector's Choice porcelain dolls.

I got this doll when I was 7-8 years old. I is still in great condition. I never took her out of the leather case. I have looked and looked online and can't find this doll anywhere. How much is she worth?

Answers

Best Answer

There are two different types of dolls that determine the value of the doll. One doll is produced in a factory and the company makes 1000 to 5000 of each doll. These are called mass-produced dolls. The other one is made by a famous doll maker and they limit the number of dolls that they handcraft.

Your doll was produced in a factory, therefore, it is not unique. People list dolls like this as low as $1 and as high as $25. Normally you should be able to sell the doll for around $5 to $10.

Best Answer

Your doll is lovely!

Why you "can't find her anywhere" is because there are too many ways that sellers online use to try to sell her. It could take weeks to stumble on the right combination of words to find an exact match to her. I am not exaggerating.

I have been buying and selling dolls (both when these were new and now as a reseller) since the 1970s/1980s and it is a huge challenge to value dolls because of this relatively new online phenomenon of doll glut.

What I mean by that is with people like Marie Kondo and other "declutter experts" it has dumped literally thousands if not millions of dolls to be for sale at any given moment across a multitude of websites.

In my quick search I found "like dolls" to yours, but not the exact one and that was no surprise.

The combinations I tried are:

Collector's Choice + Passport
Collector's Choice + Case
Collector's + Madeline + Doll

I found many similar gals, but not the exact one. I would have to try so many more combinations and it could take a while, like I said above, it coudl take weeks to find HER.

If you have a lot of patience you can search more general terms like:

Porcelain doll up do

Porcelain doll brown curly hair

Collectors Choice Burgundy Dress

Collectors Doll Black Shawl

Doll Embossed Dress

Porcelain Doll

Seriously--there are people out there reselling dolls that just have them listed just as "Porcelain Doll" and expect people to find and buy them. For those of us who look for specific things or those of us who sell and want to know what our gals are worth, it is a nightmare!

Here's what I have finally resolved to doing when my initial searches turn up empty...I find the closest match and set my value a little higher, then I take best offer.

So you could start yours at $25 or $50 and then take best offer, which sadly may be as low as $5 to $10. The market truly dictates value because value is only what someone will pay, and right now there are dolls like yours selling for as low as 99 cents. SO SAD!

The clearer your listing the better the chance you have to sell her if you decide to go that route. I can offer a lot of guidance on trying to sell dolls on eBay if you go that route.

I know it is not fair and it is very hard for those of us who collected and love these dolls and for those who had hoped that if we held on to them long enough to sell them that we would make a tidy sum.

I so wish I could give you better news.

You may want to hold on to her until the market corrects itself, which it always does. If you can keep her in clean, dry storage for another 10 + years, you may be able to sell her then for a nice profit. Now is just not the time.

My great aunt giftedus with this doll. The box is in terrible shape, but the actual doll is fine. It says it's a limited edition, but I am not sure if that even means anything.

Should we hold onto this or gift it to a young girl who would use it?
Thanks!!

Answers

Best Answer

These dolls are actually mass produced and not worth much at all. In today's market people are only getting around $5 for the dolls that are being sold. You would make a small child in need very happy if you gave her this doll. Considering the doll market is at an all-time low and there is not much hope that it will pick up any time soon. It has been like this for over 6 years and it is getting harder and harder to sell dolls online. Nobody is interested in buying dolls right now for small children because all they care about is electronics.

Best Answer

Well - she is a little on the 'not so common' side as it is not often we see one with the a little fur wrap.
she may actually sell for $25 but it might takes months to sell - maybe Christmas - but even then after eBay & PayPal fees are paid the net value may be less than $18 and shipping can be very hazardous with dolls as they very often arrive broken and that cost sellers time and money.

You can look at the sold dolls on eBay and see what people are actually paying for this type of doll. You may notice some 'odd' sales such as 4 sales of the same doll - $68/68/60/50 - all within one week of each other - same seller w/ 0-1 feedback / same buyer w/ 0 feedback - these are false sales for whatever reason so should not be counted as actual sales. Same with the doll for $483 - not a real sale. Some people use eBay sales for all kinds of reasons so do not be fooled by sales like this.
Most dolls sold for under $25 and many for under $5 - .99. It cost the seller money to sell these dolls. Sad.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Collector%27s...

You can read answers from previous postings.

www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-Collectors-Choice-Porcelain...

If you know of a young lady that might like this type of doll then it would be a good choice to give to her and maybe give someone pleasure and forfeit a few dollars. Sometimes churches accept donations for 'gift' giving.
I like this doll.

Best Answer

The best thing for the doll would be to finally have a chance to be used as a doll.

The whole 'collector's thing' was little more than a con on a naive public looking for the cache of collectible antiques at affordable prices.

What 'limited edition' generally means is that the company (generally some offshore mass producer that produces 10 or 15 different private label lines for mid to low end retail establishments) did produce a limited run of a particular kind of doll. Generally it's 2000 or so. The problem is that this same company and brand also produced thousands, if not millions, of slightly different 'limited edition' lines - either different ethnicity dolls, or historical dolls, etc. So even though there's the veneer of exclusivity, it is really a dime a dozen at the end.

I'm glad that you are willing to let your daughter play with it, and are not caught up in this whole sad 'does this have value' idea.

How much can I get for a genuine Collector's Choice fine bisque porcelain doll?

Answers

Best Answer

This collection of dolls (and many, many similar dolls) are all mass produced and sold to low end stores (like K-Mart) all over the world but mostly in the US. This high production of each style doll lowers the value and makes this type doll difficult to sell. Some of these dolls may sell for $25 but most will sell for $5-$15 and may take a very long time to sell (or may never sell).

• You can check sites like eBay (the largest doll selling site in the world), Etsy and Google to search for your particular doll but there are over 1,000 Collector's Choice dolls listed at any given time so you may never actually locate this doll.
  • Most of these dolls fall in the same category - not rare and very plentiful at very low prices.
  • Here are Collector's choice dolls presently listed on eBay and the seller's asking prices (asking prices do not mean very much as this is just waht the seller would LIKE to sell for:
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2323012...
  • You can check out the sold listings on eBay and see the wide difference in asking prices and what someone actually paid for one of these dolls:
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Collector%27s...
  • If you are wanting to sell your doll, you may have better luck to post her on your local Craigslist, OfferUp, IOffer or any other local site.
  • People like to see dolls before they purchase.
  • You would need much better photos as this one is dark and blurry.
Best Answer

Sadly, as everyone has stated, these lovelies have not held their money value...meaning you won't retire from the proceeds.

That said...I see two options for them having a value...either in the future or now...

1. Since so many people are literally dumping dolls these days to get back shelf and closet space, it may pay to hold on to her because eventually it may come around that people miss having these pretty dolls and want to recreate a nice memory. Values are based on supply and demand. In a few years the supply is going to be very low...and demand may be high. You never know. Stranger things have happened!

2. You can get karma value finding a little girl who will love her and maybe actually play with her as dolls were originally meant for.

There are plenty of children who would still enjoy a doll. I see them in stories especially around Christmas time....so find a place in your area that would take it for such a drive and donate it. You get good karma and maybe even a tax donation and a child gets something special.

Wishing you all the best! Thanks for sharing her!

Can you tell me anything about this doll found in a family member's house that I'm cleaning out? I don't know anything about it. I just need to know how much she's worth?

Answers

Best Answer

She's cute. With the box, if she is the 29 inch doll, they sell for between 5 and 25 dollars. Yes. That is a huge range, but that is because there are so many variables. The high end is pristine in the box with all original paperwork and packaging. Values drop it there is no box, no paperwork, any smells, or flaws.

The doll market is glutted and that means high supply and low demand, which drives prices down. Thanks for sharing!

Best Answer

She is cute but as Pghgirl stated; dolls in general, are very low value and many inexperienced sellers actually lose money when selling their dolls.
The doll market is usually very slow as there are so many dolls on every site and dolls are just not on very many people's 'wanted' list. Young girls that once cherished dolls now only want new cell phones and 'electronics'.

This doll is a Collector's Choice by Dan Dee and it would take a lot of research (or luck) to find this exact doll but you can see what people are paying for similar dolls - no box and COA also reduces the value.
Here is a link to eBay's sold listings so you can see what people are actually paying for similar dolls.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524...

Best Answer

Unfortunatelly dolls like this are mass produced and do not bring in a high resale value especially now. You might hold on to the doll a bit to see if the market changes. If you are holding a yard sale to get rid of other items in the home you can put this out in the sale items. I would start with around $7 to see if anyone is interested in the doll. You can always lower the price. Dolls like this are selling online for around $5 right now and not a lot more.

I have porcelain doll and am just curious as to its value.

Answers

Best Answer

It is sad to see dolls like this valued so low but there are so many similar dolls listed for sale - eBay, Etsy, etc. - that selling prices are usually lower than $25 - in fact; $25 would be considered a 'high' price.
There are presently over 1,900 Collector's Choice dolls listed for sale on eBay. You can check the dolls if you wish to find your particular doll but it will be difficult. You can look on the left side of eBay listings and check the items that match your doll (size etc) and narrow the search. Just remember that asking prices have little to do with value as these are just the price the seller wold like to receive for their items.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2323012...

Only sold prices will provide current value and that does not mean a lot where dolls are concerned and also we have no way to tell how long a doll has been listed before it sold (months/years?).

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=collectors...

I have had this doll since I was a kid. I don't need it. I want to sell it, but I can't find any type on the market that looks like her. Does anybody know?

Answers

Best Answer

These dolls range in value from $10 to $189 on eBay. Yours is in good condition. I would start at $150. You can always lower the price.

I have all 8 of the dolls in the Spooky Hollow collection. How much are they worth?

By Misty

Answers

You should check eBay and Google. Probably would have sold better a few weeks ago - before Halloween.

How much is this doll I have worth? It has never been opened and I can't find a single thing or even the doll itself anywhere.

Help?

I cannot seem to find this particular doll on eBay or anywhere to find out its value. She is a Collector's Choice doll with "Smile" written on her shirt.

I found this Collector's Choice porcelain doll in a friend's basement. Is it worth anything or just another doll no one cares about? I couldn't find a name for the doll. The box is old and dusty, but the doll is original and had not been taken out of box. I am thinking about putting it on eBay.

I was wondering how much my doll is worth. It is a wind up doll and also sings the Annie song "Tomorrow".

Load More

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsSeptember 27, 2018
📓
🐛
😷
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-Collectors-Choice-Porcelain-Dolls-3.html