Finding the Value of Betty Jane Carter Dolls

Category Dolls
Many Betty Jane Cart dolls are highly collectible and have value amongst collectors. Rare dolls tend to be more valuable as they are desired by collectors of these porcelain dolls. This is a guide about finding the value of Betty Jane Carter dolls.

An Angelica, Betty Jane Carter doll was donated to the DAR to sell for the Safe Place in Olympia. Would you give me an idea of what this doll is worth? She is in her original clothing, down to the shoes, and in excellent condition. I doubt she was ever played with at all.

Answers

Best Answer

Is it possible to post a photo? I have just started researching dolls the past few years so I am far from an expert, so it may just be I have not gotten to Angelica yet in my travels.

There is a doll that was sold thru QVC named Angelique...not Angelica. There is not a picture, but there is a description. She was a limited edition, but there is no value on her listed.

I know in general there are a few of the Betty Jane Carters that are very valuable, but most do not have high resale values because there were so many made. If you put Betty Jane Carter dolls into Ebay's search and click the sold button, you will see them sold for as low as .99 cents. Remember, don't use ASKING prices....always use SOLD to see what people actually pay.

That said, for fund raisers, people often pay above and beyond market value to support the charity. If you have any more info or a photo, it may help coming up with a true market value...at least it would help me! Thanks!

Can you please tell me how much these Betty Carter dolls are worth?

Answers

Best Answer

A few still have higher value like this one that sold for $61 included shipping. The vendor probably netted $50 after all was said and done.

www.ebay.com/.../232749661562?hash=item3630f5fd7a...

I have a Betty Jane Carter musical collector doll designed by Betty Ball for Goebel United States. It is a limited edition 133 of 1000 C10518/912872, still in the box and in really good shape.

Answers

Best Answer

Most dolls that are mass produced won't bring a high resale value. People normally end up almost giving them away. You might be lucky to receive $15 to $25 for your doll,

I own an original limited edition musical porcelain doll by Betty Jane Carter. She is in excellent condition and has the tag still on her. Her name is Nicki and plays 'Cabaret' #7758. I was wondering how much she is worth?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Answers

Best Answer

These dolls are all mass-produced. It doesn't matter if it says "Limited Edition", has a certificate of authenticity, or was never taken out of the box. These dolls usually decrease in value and are rarely worth more than $40.

I have a Betty Jane Carter doll, named Becky. It is musical and plays - A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody. It is a limited edition 72/600 - #912720. She is in the original box (never used).

Answers

Someone is selling this doll on eBay for $59.49. http://m.ebay.c  7677?_mwBanner=1

It appears that the Betty Jane Carter Dolls have a value amongst collector and are highly collectible. It also appears that the rare dolls seem to have a higher value. Others on the site have inquired about the price of a Betty Jane Carter Doll. You can read the responses here.

http://www.thri  arter-Dolls.html

Unfortunately, the dolls do not bring a high resale value. It appears that most of the Betty Jane Carter dolls sell between $10 to $50 dollars. If you have a couple they are selling for $125 dollars. The older your doll the higher the value. A doll make in 1995 only sell for 15 dollars.

Most of Betty Jane Carter dolls are Goebel dolls and are mass produced to sell in stores like Target, Walmart, etc and a few specialty shops like Hallmark. Most of the dolls are purchased for gifts and not as collectibles and original prices range from $50 - $125 but resale value will range from $10 - $40 (usually the lower end) with an occasional one selling for more but that is rare. This company made animal character dolls that are more popular than their regular dolls.

There are no Becky dolls listed on eBay presently (the doll mentioned for $59.49 is a Rebecca doll and that is not the same as a Becky doll). That seller also has over 2,000 listings posted and most of them are "collectable" items which means they just keep reposting these items for months and months (years really).

There are presently 255 (8/2017) Betty Jane Carter dolls listed on eBay and although asking prices vary from low to high, the only thing that counts is what a doll is actually sold for. Here are links showing dolls on eBay auction now and the second link is to dolls that actually sold in the past few months. Check out the difference in asking and sold prices.

https://www.eba  -cd&_sacat=0

https://www.eba  -cd&_sacat=0

A lower number of dolls produced (your doll was 600) can mean many things; doll was popular and more were produced, doll was not popular (did not sell well) and less were produced, or a smaller number were produced as something special. Your doll does not appear to be in the "special" category.
If you would like to sell your doll, I would suggest you take several very photos and list her for sale on Craigslist or any other local auction site in your area. She would probably sell better (quicker) in November/December as these are "doll" months. Maybe try a starting price at $75 and if no interest then you can lower the price as you see fit.
Of course, if there is someone special who deserves a nice gift (family, friend, hospital patient) you may want to "gift" it rather than sell it.

Hi Cybergrannie.......Thanks for the great info. I will try to update my question with a photo. (just learning) I think you nailed it..

Regards........Grammie Gram

aka cjmoynihan

Where can I Sell my porcelain dolls, such as Betty Jane Carter, Semoreman, Angel Pooping ?

What about dolls made 1987

I have a doll from 1987 as well. Cecilia, musical and plays Younger than Springtime. # 917/2000. Casting # 912704. Original box, untouched. Does anyone know the value?

What can I sell original limited edition musical porcelain dolls by Betty Jane Carter,1987 House of Global Art-Item nos: 912700-75, 912701-79, 912702-77, 912703-77 for? They are in the original boxes, unopened. Will they be worth any more in the future?

Answers

They are not worth much right now only 25.00 as for if they will increase in value is unknown.

I have a Betty Jane Carter doll, "Christine", which is number 147 of 500. She also has a music box, which plays Mozart's Lullaby. I was wondering what the value of this doll is?

By Nat H.

Answers

I don't see your exact doll on eBay but another musical one sold for $50. Jane Carter dolls in general seem to sell for $10 to $50.