Finding the Value of Betty Jane Carter Dolls?

What is the value of a 1987 Betty Jane Carter doll limited edition bride doll, Sarah no.520/1500. She plays the Wedding March. I have the original box and stand.

Answers

Best Answer

www.ebay.com/.../264571282475

The above link from ebay.com shows your doll up close and has the series no. 973/1500 and 901714 on the tag also in original box with stand in mint condition selling for $65.00 with $42.42 shipping.

Best Answer

People can ask a large price for any doll they want to sell. Since 2008 the value of all dolls that are mass-produced have greatly declined. You can see the asking price on eBay but to determine the real value you must know the selling price or what the person actually received for selling the doll.

Most people today are getting between 5 to 20 dollars for selling dolls online. You might want to try and sell the doll locally you could earn a bit more for the doll.

Best Answer

Pretty gal! You can watch the one that Myrna shared with you and if it sells, you will know the current market value.

I can tell you I have seen her sit, unsold as low as 9.99, on other sites I frequent, including some private sale groups.

Bride dolls sell better in May (for June weddings) and September (for October weddings).

If she were mine, I would hold on to her for a bit and sell her at one of those times. I would start high and except any offer, which I would not be surprised would be under 9.99.

I also would avoid an online sale because she is so fragile and find a good in person venue--consignment store or maybe even a store that specializes in wedding items, and try to sell her there.

Best wishes with your sale!!! Post back how it goes!

Answer this Question

16 More Questions

Could you tell me what these dolls are worth?

Answers

Best Answer

You have a couple of nice dolls but the doll market value dropped many years ago and due to number of dolls listed for sale it does not appear it will change anytime soon.

Similar dolls are occasionally be sold for $10-$35 so you might want to rethink selling these or maybe try selling on sites like Facebook Marketplace, offerup, letgo and start your price as high as you wish. You can always lower the price if necessary.
Shipping is always a problem as these dolls are very fragile and end up broken frequently.

eBay is the largest doll selling site in the world and as of today there is a total of 1,489,828 dolls listed for sale (all brands, sizes, styles totaled). Most of these will never sell - no mater the brand or asking price. The dolls that do sell may stay listed for months/years before a sale.

The largest doll market in the past was for young girls and, sadly, very few girls show any interest in dolls as they are into multi media starting from a very young age.

This only leaves buyers who just like dolls or those looking for a 'special' doll or collectors. Very few collectors are seeking just 'ordinary' dolls so it usually has to be a rare specimen for them to even give it a second glance.
Very few Grandmas are buying dolls for their granddaughters as they are probably trying to sell personal dolls that no family member wants to inherit.

There are presently 224 Goebel Betty Jane Carter dolls (more actually, as many sellers do not show the correct names in their listings) so you might check these out to see if you find one of your dolls listed for sale. You can place a 'watch' on any doll to see if it sells. The asking prices range from $13 - $500 but asking prices are just prices a seller would like to receive for their dolls as only a sold exact same item can be shown as a current value for that item. A sold item shows what someone was willing to pay for this item at some certain date.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2323012...

Here is a link to the sold items on eBay so you can see what price people are willing to pay for one of these dolls.
Occasionally someone will pay a little more for a special doll they are looking for but you may notice that the majority of sale for this brand is for the cat doll and not a regular doll.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=goebel+betty...

Here is a link to past questions and answers on this subject:

www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-the-Value-of-Betty-Jane-Carter...

here is a link to dolls listed for sale on Google.
You can always look for your dolls to see any have sold or place a watch on any eBay doll.

www.google.com/search?q=goebel+betty+jane+carter...

Answer this Question

I have a Betty Jane Carter Doll designed by Betty Ball. It is a limited edition 503 of 1000. I've scrolled through and looked at all pictures and I can't find any with her on there of this one particular one that I have. Could you help me out here?

Answers

Best Answer

These dolls were made back in the 1980s to 90 to look like expensive collector dolls. Back then people paid for these dolls because they couldn't afford to buy the real collector dolls. Now the market is flooded with dolls such as this that people are trying to sell off. The asking price ranges from $8.99 all the way up to $135. Keep in mind people ask this amount of money, but the dolls never sell. These dolls are considered mass produced dolls and people are not really buying dolls these days. Children are not interested in playing with dolls and perfer electronics today. You may be around $5 to $15 for the doll if you are lucky. You should try to sell it in your area and not online. You may have better luck.

Best Answer

Hi and thanks for sharing your lovely!! You ask why you aren't seeing your exact gal out there to get more information.

Sadly the reason is probably because there are so many for sale and sellers have no clue who they are selling (they are just people trying to flip dolls to make a living) that they have her listed in some wonky way that is not helpful to someone doing research.

I am sure there is an example of her somewhere and my guess is she is probably just listed as blonde porcelain doll.

Many times these dolls did not have names (like a first name). The companies wanted the new owner to name her like their child.

Many of the BJC dolls had no names. They were sold as Victorian doll or Musical doll or Rabbit doll or just Collectible doll.

Since you are asking about value, I am assuming you want to sell her. If you are able to hold on to her for a few years, maybe up to 10 or 15, her value may come back.

Today there is just a huge glut of ALL dolls on the market and since the supply is so high and the demand so low, some sit forever for prices as low as 99 cents.

The BJC dolls are in this category.

Occasionally I will see one sell. Sometimes it is for 99 cents, sometimes 4.99, sometimes higher, but then when I look deeper it is because the seller paid the shipping so they built the 15 or 20 dollar shipping into the selling price of the doll, so their profit after shipping and fees is around 1.00.

Selling dolls online requires a lot of experience with packing and shipping since these gals are super fragile and can end up in the buyers hands (provided they do sell) in a million pieces. They need to be double boxed and the box needs lots of packing peanuts or air pillows. I have packed these before and it can take an hour to get it packed right, which when you are selling it for such a low price means your hourly wage is in the negative numbers.

If she was mine, I would find a consignment store and have her sell there. This way she is an in person sale and someone can see her and decide.

Hopefully where you are consignment shops will sell them for you. Most shops around me do not take dolls any more because they are such slow sellers. Sad since these dolls are so lovely!

Answer this Question

An Angelica, Betty Jane Carter doll was donated to the DAR to sell for the Safe Place in Olympia. Would you give me an idea of what this doll is worth? She is in her original clothing, down to the shoes, and in excellent condition. I doubt she was ever played with at all.

Answers

Best Answer

Is it possible to post a photo? I have just started researching dolls the past few years so I am far from an expert, so it may just be I have not gotten to Angelica yet in my travels.

There is a doll that was sold thru QVC named Angelique...not Angelica. There is not a picture, but there is a description. She was a limited edition, but there is no value on her listed.

I know in general there are a few of the Betty Jane Carters that are very valuable, but most do not have high resale values because there were so many made. If you put Betty Jane Carter dolls into Ebay's search and click the sold button, you will see them sold for as low as .99 cents. Remember, don't use ASKING prices....always use SOLD to see what people actually pay.

That said, for fund raisers, people often pay above and beyond market value to support the charity. If you have any more info or a photo, it may help coming up with a true market value...at least it would help me! Thanks!

Answer this Question

I am trying to determine the value of a 1991 Betty Jane Carter doll.

Answers

Best Answer

Dolls like this are currently listed for sale on eBay starting at $5 all the way up to $20.

Best Answer

I was not able to find an exact match to your gal. It looks like she is either a Christmas Caroler or Mrs. Claus or a bell ringer.

Without an exact match it will be hard to give you her exact value in today's market.

I can tell you, in general, that the Carter dolls fall into line with most of the dolls made in the 1990s, meaning there is just a huge glut of ALL dolls on the market and since the supply is so high and the demand so low, some sit forever for prices as low as 99 cents.
The BJC dolls are in this category.

I have been suggesting people hold on to them until the market corrects. Not sure how long that will take--up to 10 years maybe.

It is sad because these gals were so expensive when new.

Answer this Question

I have Betty Jane Carter's Cynthia from the Partytime series. I've been trying to figure out how much this girl would be but I haven't been able to see anyone else has sold her and for what price. I would like to hear other opinions on her.

Answers

Best Answer

Cute doll but as dolls go, she is probably not anything 'special' which places her in the category of very low value and slow sales.

There are just too many nice dolls on the market (and most are still new in the box) and not very many interested buyers.
Collectors are about the only people who will pay very much money and even collectors are looking for bargains and only special dolls.

You can always check eBay's doll sales as eBay is still the largest doll selling site in the world.
You'll find there are presently over a million dolls listed on eBay (all kinds, brands, sizes) and more listed everyday.

The Goebel Betty Carter dolls fluctuate in asking prices and in sold prices but the cat doll is still the most popular seller.

Here is eBay's listings presently listed for sale. you can watch any doll to see if it sells.

This is eBay's sold listings - cat dolls make up at least 3/4 of sales.

ThriftyFun has information on these dolls from past questions:

You might want to try selling her on other venues such as Facebook Marketplace.

Answer this Question

Can you please tell me how much these Betty Carter dolls are worth?

Answers

Best Answer

A few still have higher value like this one that sold for $61 included shipping. The vendor probably netted $50 after all was said and done.

www.ebay.com/.../232749661562?hash=item3630f5fd7a...

Answer this Question

I have a Betty Jane Carter musical collector doll designed by Betty Ball for Goebel United States. It is a limited edition 133 of 1000 C10518/912872, still in the box and in really good shape.

Answers

Best Answer

Most dolls that are mass produced won't bring a high resale value. People normally end up almost giving them away. You might be lucky to receive $15 to $25 for your doll,

Answer this Question

We would just like to know how to play the music on a Betty Jane Carter (Goebel) musical doll? In this case, Tamara, from 1989. We realize she's not worth much, but knowing how to play the music rather completes her. We can't find a switch or string anywhere.

Answers

Best Answer

This is not your exact doll, but there is a photo showing how most were built--you have to click through the pix:

www.ebay.com/.../163923639685?nma=true&si=xXNfI42gY5ioF3D5MSbHz94LExE...

The winder was typically a small silver key on the butt.

They often broke off and some moms would stitch the hole shut.
Occasionally an angry parent would cut the music boxes out (when the child played it too much).

I wonder if that is what is going on with yours.

Post back with an update.

Answer this Question

I own an original limited edition musical porcelain doll by Betty Jane Carter. She is in excellent condition and has the tag still on her. Her name is Nicki and plays 'Cabaret' #7758. I was wondering how much she is worth?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Answers

Best Answer

These dolls are all mass-produced. It doesn't matter if it says "Limited Edition", has a certificate of authenticity, or was never taken out of the box. These dolls usually decrease in value and are rarely worth more than $40.

Answer this Question

I have a Betty Jane Carter doll, named Becky. It is musical and plays - A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody. It is a limited edition 72/600 - #912720. She is in the original box (never used).

Answers

Someone is selling this doll on eBay for $59.49. m.ebay.com/.../201771737677?_mwBanner=1

I have a Betty Jane Carter Doll - Catherine, and it plays "Bach's Minuet" . It is a limited edition 258/1000 912732. It has never been removed from the box and I would like to know how much it is worth. I have no need for this doll and it was given to me from my grandmother.

Thank you.

Which dolls have the highest value?

Load More

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsFebruary 27, 2017
📓
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-the-Value-of-Betty-Jane-Carter-Dolls.html