Finding the Value of a Dandee Porcelain Doll

Category Dolls
Mass produced porcelain dolls rarely have value beyond their purchase price even when kept in excellent shape. This is a guide about finding the value of a Dandee porcelain doll.

I have a Collector's Choice series doll by Dandee and was wondering what it's value is, if anything. I've had it since I was a kid.

Answers

It is worth less than what was paid for it. On eBay they go for $15-25

There have been a lot of dolls sold over the years were people were led to believe they would be a good investment and "collector's" became the word to look for. That is the reason these dolls were placed in what was thought to be a very special category, "Collector's Choice". But sad to say this value did not materialize and the market is now gutted with similar dolls and very few can be valued at more than $30.

• If you have her COA that has her name then you may be able to search eBay's sold listings and find where someone has sold one like her to get a general idea of her value.
  • Mainly, most of these dolls are similar and will be of about the same value unless there is something extra special about the doll - like Princess Diana, Marilyn Monroe, and bride dolls sometimes are more valuable.
  • Here is a link to eBay's recently sold listings for this doll series so you can look at what they generally sold for. Sold price is in green.
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=collectors...
  • Here are a couple of links to eBay's listings for dolls in this series; Collector's Choice. Please notice these dolls come in all sizes and styles. You may find your doll in this group. Check her measurements and you can narrow the search.
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2053587...
  • www.ebay.com/.../collectors-choice-dolls
  • I believe you should just enjoy your doll and maybe look for someone who would really like to have this lovely doll.

The others have given you general price ranges.

If you want the exact value, I suggest watching eBay for a few weeks and finding a match to your exact doll and see what she sells for.

Only look at the sold auctions and be sure it is an exact match and that will give you today's actual market value.

If you are trying to sell her and don't want to wait for a match, the ranges below are based on what other like dolls sell for...but I am one for matching an apple to an apple to know the exact value.

Selling on eBay or Etsy gets you the most exposure, but is the biggest pain because you have to ship.

Selling on Facebook, Nextdoor, Letgo is good, but you have to have people coming to your house, even if you do porch pick up only.

Selling through a consignment store (if you can find one who will take them) is best because they are out of your house and the store markets.

Donating for a tax credit or finding a little girl to love is the best karma for the dolls.

OR LASTLY, since there is such a glut now, I am of the mind to think in 10-15-20 years they may have some value as people are going to be nostalgic for their old dolls so if you hold on to it you never know. Stranger things have happened!

My daughter was given this doll. We were told that her grandparents had it about 30 to 50 years. I can't find this doll online anywhere. I just wanna make sure if it's valuable or not.

If it is I'm putting it up; if it's not I'll just let her play with it. It is a DanDee doll Brazil classic series special edition.

Answers

It is a mass-produced doll that is worth $10-$25. Let her enjoy it.

Dolls were meant to be played with and loved!! Please let your daughter play with this beauty!!

There is only one on eBay right now and it has been unsold for a while at 5.00. Granted it has no box, but others in the series (not the exact one) are not getting much if anything. Most remain sadly unsold.

www.ebay.com/.../263865421788?hash=item3d6f9acfdc...

Doll makers created an artificial market for these lovelies back in the 70s - 90s when they made special series and included certificates of authenticity to make them appear like they had huge value.

The best thing for your pretty doll is to let your pretty daughter enjoy it and develop her imagination and creativity!! ENJOY!!

As others have stated, this type doll is so plentiful that it is difficult to place a value of even $20.

• eBay is the largest doll selling site in the world and they will usually have 7-10 thousand DanDee dolls listed on any given day.
  • Of course, there will be many different styles/sizes but even asking prices rarely go higher than $35 and selling prices are many times $3-$4.
  • Ad

• People were really mislead during this period into thinking these dolls would be valuable in the future and they were made by the thousands and they sold by the thousands.
  • That just means they are almost worthless as far as monetary value goes but still lovely dolls and ones that can be cherished by "girls" of all ages.
  • Enjoy this doll with your daughter and remember that it was probably bought with loving thoughts of someone having the pleasure of her company one day in the future.

I have a hand made bisque porcelain doll that was given to me and for the life of me I can't find out when she was made. It says the manufacturer is, Dan Dee international and her name is, Nicole. She has brown curly hair it's in pig tails, I don't know if she came with it like that.

Her dress is a red velvet from a little above the waist up and the bottom half is white with red hearts on it it's just the outline of a heart it's not colored in solid, white lace stockings/leggings, and white shoes that have a buckle on top. Her dress has a red bow separating the top half and bottom.

My camera is broken so I can't take any pics. If anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks.

Answers

Dan Dee is a mass-produced doll. it is worth less than $25.

DanDee (Dan Dee) dolls have been produced for many years and almost all styles/names/sizes were produced in very high numbers which tends to bring the value down on all dolls made by this company.

• I did not find a doll matching your description (or Nicole) but similar dolls are presently selling for less than $35.
  • You can keep checking eBay and Etsy for your doll but since there are so many dolls listed, it may take a long time to find one. Even if you find a Nicole listing you cannot go by the asking price but only a "sold" price but you may be able to gather more information - such as year made.
  • Here is a link to some dolls presently listed on eBay and Etsy.
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4840...
  • www.etsy.com/.../dan_dee_doll
  • Here is a link to an appraiser's opinion of Dan Dee dolls. This post is over 4 years old but remarks are still true today.
  • www.collectorsweekly.com/.../102437-collectors-choice-dan-dee...
  • If you decide to sell your doll, you might want to consider listing it on your local Craigslist. You can ask a higher price and reduce it if no one shows an interest.
  • Dolls always sell better during the Christmas season so you might want to wait a few months to list it.

How much is the Natalie doll by Dandee worth?

By Pam

Answers

I was not able to find the specific doll you requested. Keep in mind that just because the doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value as most are mass produced. You can try the site below to start your own search:

www.dollinfo.com/faqs.htm

I have a Dandee collector choice "Soft Expressions " bisque porcelain doll with wicker carrying case and an additional outfit. She was made without eyes. She has red curly hair and a red dress with a lacey white part that goes all around the neck. The designer is Barbara Collins. The senior quality inspector was Sylvia Sotto. The package was printed in Hong Kong and doll made in China. I took pictures, but was not able to attach. Any suggestions or help on how much she is worth with this manufacturer's defect. Thank you.

By Martha

Answers

All Dandee dolls were mass produced and usually sell for less than 20.00 (usually lower) but I have never heard of a doll "without eyes" so who knows the value?

This defect may actually lower the value as most people would not want a doll without eyes. Because of the high number of Dandee dolls available there will probably be very few actual "collectors" and that is the kind of person who would maybe want something like this.

How much would my, Collector's Choice by DanDee, porcelain doll be worth?

By KF

Answers

it seems this type of question is the most popular one on this site - several times a week. Most do not receive answers because almost no one here can give you the answer to your question.

The answer is almost always the same:
You have the doll and therefore you have all the information needed to do the research.

Try eBay, Etsy, Google and you may find information that you are looking for. It would be very unlikely that anyone here could help you with this - but you may get lucky..

Do your research - it's fun.

I have some porcelain dolls by Dandee that my husband found in an abandoned house and they are stamped on the neck. I was wondering if they are worth anything. They all look Victorian.

By Brenda

Answers

Go to ebay and check the prices. There are so many that it is hard to say. It depends on the particular ones you have the way it looks.