Visiting the Carter Mansion (Elizabethton, TN)

Category Tennessee
The Carter Mansion is a popular tourist attraction in Elizabethton, TN, part of Sycamore Shoals State Historic Park. This beautiful old home was built prior to 1780 and is the oldest frame house in Tennesee. Carter County and the town of Elizabethton are both named after these early settlers.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This beautiful old Mansion is very near Food City where I shop for groceries. There was a detour so I had to go past this beautiful old house. I couldn't resist taking photos. Once you step on that land, everything has a different 'feel' to it, as if you are in another time. This warm weather is allowing me to get out and take some nice photos ;)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Top Comment

This is a gorgeous place! I am from the same town.

And the Sycamore Shoals State Park is gorgeous also. They have an old fort and do reenactments every summer.

Reply Like this photo? 1

I'm happy to know we are so close together!
I love going to the Fort in the Summer and walking around ;).

Reply Like this photo? Yes