Selling a Porcelain Doll Collection

Category Dolls
Perhaps you inherited a doll collection or are simply downsizing and decluttering, but now you are thinking of selling your dolls. This is a guide about selling a porcelain doll collection.

I have a porcelain doll collection and I'm not sure how to sell them? Help :)

Answers

I want to sell my porcelain doll, but I don't know how to go by selling them. some are very expensive.

I want to sell my porcelain dolls, and I don't know how to go by how to sell them.

How do i sell my dolls I have many some the ones I got i rember my grandma having the eyes roll so how could i get the value and sell them

I just inherited a large porcelain doll collection that I need to sell fast. If anyone could give me some ideas, I would be very grateful.

Answers

You will need to do your own research for value, etc., to sell your dolls. You can try EBay, Craig's List, etc., for possible prices, take them to an antique or consignment dealer, etc. Note that almost all of these dolls were mass produced even though they are often named "limited", "special", etc.

The best value and prices for any dolls are paid for those that were never removed from their boxes-literally!

You can also try this site to begin online research:

http://collectd  rary/blgallp.htm

I have american dolls and porcelain dolls.

We have a large collection of porcelain dolls that was inherited. We want to let go of these dolls and there are many beautiful bride dolls in this collection. Please help us find where we can sell these beautiful dolls.

I have 3 porcelain dolls that I would like to sell. I don't collect dolls. Who buys them?

Answers

An easy online search for "porcelain doll values" will produce many answers. Keep in mind that just because a doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value as most are mass produced in the thousands and very often include the rather misleading term limited edition in their names. A doll's condition is extremely important in considering value-the best doll prices are paid for dolls literally never removed from their boxes. You can find prices for some dolls on EBay and try online for further research. This site is a good place to start:

http://collectd  rary/blgallp.htm

Would like to sell my entire porcelain doll collection from home not ebay or gumtree.

Anonymous

I have 3 character dolls from Little house on the prairie. I purchased all 3 from Ashton drake galleries, By artist Joan Ibarolle.

They are in mint condition and still in their original boxes. I need money fast. Where can I sell them? I Live in southern calif.

Due to hard times and difficulties, I need money to pay my bills. I am selling my porcelain dolls. They are in good shape. Can anyone suggest where I might be able to sell them? Thank you.

By Lavette

Answers

Best Answer

You could try ebay. You could also call antique and collectables dealers in your area. What you get for them will depend on age, whether or not you still have the orgional boxes, and certificates of authenticity.

I have a variety of porcelain dolls, from babies to Shirley Temple and would like to know how I would go about selling them? They all have authenticity and numbers on them.

By Mary Stewart from Brookline, MA

Answers

Anonymous

I agree with an archived post made by MisMachado:

If they are really collectibles and of vintage, try Etsy.com. They have some strict guidelines, but are great to deal with, and a lot less expensive than eBay is. MisMachado (10/16/2010)

Easy. Post them on eBay.

Where is the best place to get cash for our porcelain doll collection? Some are very expensive and old.

I have a massive doll collection. I have 30 plus years of a collection I want to sell and don't know how to go about it. There's hundreds if not more in their boxes with extra covers over them. I am looking for someone to offer honest advice.

Where can I sell my porcelain dolls?

I have 7 porcelain dolls. I am not at all familiar with dolls. I'm curious as to value as I would like to sell them. I'm not looking to make a fortune, would just like to offer a fair price.

I've got lots of Alberon dolls, too many. I would like to sell them, but I am not sure where to go, etc.

I have 3 large boxes full of porcelain dolls I have collected as a child. I would like to sell them all as I need to make room. Most of them are still in boxes and have never been removed from the boxes. Can you help me please?

How can I sell my mom's collection of porcelain dolls?
Some are Ashton Drake and some are Danbury Mint.
Some have the receipt with them. She had about 85 dolls

By Melody from Dayton, PA

Answers

Dear Melody,
Thank you for your post and interest in Ashton-Drake dolls. Unfortunately, we no longer have a secondary market for retired dolls. You may want to check eBay or visit an antique/doll shop to get a value for your ballerina doll. Good luck! Thank you, Chris

I hope your mother enjoyed her dolls during her lifetime. Unfortunately it is not easy to sell dolls of this type as most were mass produced and are easily found in large supply over the internet.

You can check out Google, eBay, Replacements and many other sites will appear on Google. Craigslist is good as you do not have to ship.

Many sellers have dolls listed for months (even years) before they sell. Dolls are difficult (and expensive) to ship as most are a larger size and need "special" boxes and packing.

You can check out sold listings on eBay to see what buyers are really paying for dolls of this type.

Also you may have a special doll in this collection that will sell quickly and for more money. Research is the only way to find an answer to your question.

This is Kathleen. I inherited dolls from my mother. They were all hand made by her, hand painted and fired in the kiln. She made the clothes herself. How can I find out how to price them? They didn't come in boxes, because she just made them at the doll shop and brought them home.

I am trying to sell a doll collection in Dale City, Virginia. I am not sure how to even start to find information on selling dolls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Where can I go close to Bloomingdale, Illinois to sell my porcelain dolls?

I have numerous Franklin Mint dolls and was wondering how to go about selling them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have three huge bins of porcelain dolls. I am looking to sell them, but can't find any place to sell them. A lot of them have boxes and certificates with them. How can I sell these dolls?

Answers

You can sell on amazon.com, ebay.com, etsy.com, or post on craigslist.org and pinterest.com. The postings are free, but some charge a fee for using their website if the item sells. You can post photos of the dolls individually or grouped; your choice along with contact information and description. If there are any flaws, it's best to put it out there with pics of them, so prospects are not deceived.

I have a collection of porcelain Ashton Drake dolls I need to sell in Mesquite Texas. Who can I call?

By Bill from Mesquite, TX

Where do I find a buyer for my porcelain dolls?

By Byron

Answers

Try ebay.

You will have to do your own research on eBay, Etsy, Google etc. Then you can decide if it would be better to just sell them at a yard sale, Craigslist or donate to a local charity.

I live in Idaho and have 40 plus dolls. I don't know the value of any of them. Where can I find the value and then where can I sell them?

Can you please tell me where and how I can advertise my porcelain and longnose teddy bear collection?

I have a small collection of porcelain dolls that were made by my aunt. She made the clothes as well. I was wondering if these could sell at an antique place or thrift store?

Answers

The only way you will know is to take the dolls to an antique dealer, auction house, etc. You can also advertise them on EBay, Craig's List, etc.

Where do I go to sell porcelain dolls?

My grandmother passed years ago, and I inherited them. I have been thinking about giving them to my 3yr old daughter, but she won't have the same appreciation as others may. So how do I figure out their worth?

By Anthony M.

Answers

Try this website: http://www.dollinfo.com/faqs.htm

I have a Heritage Signature collection that consists of 11 dolls, 6 big ones and 5 mini ones. I got them all when I was a little girl and not sure what they are worth now and would possibly like to sell them.

By hailee sears

Answers

You can check out their individual "value" on Google doll sites or eBay. Dolls are usually difficult to sell and very rarely bring a very big price.

I have an extensive collection of porcelain dolls by Patricia Rose. All dolls came from Paradise Galleries. All of my dolls are from the glamor doll series. I also have her dancer doll collection and southern bell collection. Some are 36 inches tall and others are between 18 and 22 inches tall. All have original boxes and COA. Any idea where I can start to try to sell them? It seems there are few doll collectors these days. Thanks for any advice you care to share.

By Kathy W.

Answers

Maybe due to our present economy dolls do not sell very well. Even beautiful dolls are hard to sell. It is estimated (by doll "experts") that in our present economy dolls are difficult to sell at even 10 percent of their original value and many sell for less.

You can find some of these dolls on eBay, Etsy, Replacements but just start with Google and go from there. Remember that most people have to pay fees for selling and some dolls are listed for many months before an interested person comes along. Most never sell unless the price is very, very low. Remember also that shipping is a LOT of trouble and very expensive.

Maybe you could find a local shop that would let you place a few dolls in their store - for a percentage of the sale. This also has its downside as they will not be responsible for any damage done while in their store and some parents do not always have well behaved children.

Be sure to check out "sold" listings on eBay (down left side of eBay screen) for what some of these dolls sold for and how many sold in the last 30 days. I am afraid you will disappointed in the sales.

I hope you are one of the lucky ones and have some dolls that will sell for more.

Load More